Lars Reubekeul has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the German and pan European real estate markets, which helps his clients to create investment opportunities and strategic property portfolios. Along with his highly experienced, multilingual team, Lars advises on national and cross-border real estate projects.
Lars has a pragmatic, solution-oriented approach and sees relationships and trust as the key drivers of his practice. This enables him to steer his clients successfully through the challenges of the often complex real estate matters. Lars' clients include institutional investors, funds, private equity houses, asset management platforms, family offices and corporates. In addition to his interest in smart buildings, he has detailed market knowledge of all real estate asset classes with a particular focus on office as well as on data centres.
Lars heads the German Real Estate group of DLA Piper.
- Advising Axa Investment Managers on the acquisition of Northstar Realty Europe. The portfolio consists of 122,000 sqm with twelve office buildings and two hotels. About half is in Germany, with the two hotels in Berlin and office properties in Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne and Münster.
- Advising a JV of a US PE fund on the acquisition of the greenfield, the project development and the forward deal for the new headquarters and distribution centre of a major US textile company.
- Advising a data centre operator on a project development and the disposal of the property to a Singapore REIT.
- Advising a global software company on a strategic partnership with Microsoft that will use cloud technology to innovate and develop new products and solutions.
- Advising an US PE fund on the disposal of its German office portfolio.
- Advising an institutional investor on a forward funding asset deal with regard to a residential project in Dresden.
- Advising an European funds manager on its investment in a high-rise building in Berlin.
- Advising a German funds manager on the structuring, acquisition and financing of a shopping centre and hotel complex in Munich.
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main, Second State Examination, 2004
- University of Bayreuth, First State Examination, 2002
- University of Birmingham, Diploma in English Law, 2000
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Often recommended for real estate/project development; “very good”, client, “extremely good and goal-oriented cooperation”, competitor on entire team
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for real estate and construction: real estate
- Chambers Europe Germany 2022: Recommended for real estate; “super-responsive and very commercial”, “His client awareness is excellent.”, client
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for real estate