María Alonso has large experience in corporate tax advice, particularly in M&A, corporate restructuring and real estate transactions, and is actively involved in the structuring of foreign investments in Spain. María has also relevant experience in advising venture capital companies, and tax litigation.
- Foreign investment in Spain (real estate sector)
- National investment (private equity)
- Restructuring of large companies and multinationals with regard to their business units in Spain
- On-going tax advice to Spanish companies (company tax law)
- VAT advice, particularly in connection with cross-border transactions
- Tax advice on investments in the renewable energy sector
- Due Diligence exercises for large companies and multinationals within the scope of M&A transactions
- Representation in tax litigation for verification and inspection purposes, appeals and claims processes
- Design and implementation of compensation plans for senior executives
- Centro Europeo de Estudios y Formación Empresarial Garrigues, Master in Taxation, Aranzadi Prize for best student, 2002
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Degree in Law, 1995
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid)
My latest insights
Global Tax Alert: Spain approves a favorable tax regime for startup companies and their...
17 January 2023 .12 minute read
Spain recognizes French FPCI accreditation of tax residence through the special regime for...
20 April 2022 .3 minute read