Dr Björn EndersPartner
Dr Björn Enders focuses on corporation and individual tax matters along with tax compliance matters including criminal tax liability aspects and tax litigation matters, indirect taxes including value added tax (nationally and internationally), insurance premium tax, energy/electricity tax, gambling tax, customs and anti-dumping duties. He furthermore regularly advises on tax-effective corporate transactions including in the real estate sector.
Examples of his practice include advising on, and the set up and review of, tax compliance programs and tax investigations/tax defence counsel matters, VAT recoverability and supply chain optimisations as well as EU customs matters and EU trade defence proceedings in anti-dumping matters. He regularly represents clients in tax disputes both in court (German and EU courts) and out of court (tax audits) whereby he draws from his valuable practical inside knowledge as a former tax officer with the German tax administration.
Björn Enders is qualified as a chartered specialist tax lawyer and a chartered tax advisor. He regularly publishes expert views and participates in expert seminar panels.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Value added tax and other indirect taxes (e.g., energy taxes, electricity tax, insurance premium tax, gambling tax)
- VAT-related supply chain management and tax process optimization
- Set up, optimization and review of tax compliance management programs
- Customs duties and trade defence proceedings (anti-dumping duties/anti-subsidy duties)
- Tax structuring of real estate transactions
- Tax audits, appeals and tax court litigation
- VAT/customs/compliance-related criminal tax defence
- VAT advice, including representation both in and out of court, to international groups of companies in various industry sectors
- Advice on tax compliance management programs for medium-sized and international blue chip companies
- Tax advice to both international and domestic real estate funds
- Anti-dumping proceedings and customs duties advice, including representation before the European Courts, to clients from multiple industry sectors
- Criminal tax advice with numerous voluntary tax disclosures and other tax-related criminal investigations
- Humboldt University Berlin, J.D., First State Exam
- Saarland University, Ph.D.
- University of Paris II (Panthéon Assas), LL.B.
College of Finance North Rhine-Westphalia, Diploma in taxation
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for foreign trade law: customs law
- JUVE Handbook Tax 2021: Recommended for excise duties and customs law with focus on customs law, antidumping law, excise taxes and conflict resolution
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for tax law
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for tax law
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association of Chartered Specialized Tax Lawyers
- German Association for Tax Law
My latest insights
Germany New federal instructions regarding input VAT deductions for research institutions...
6 March 2023 .2 minute read