Elisa LorenzoSenior Associate
I believe in offering practical and client-oriented legal advice, ensuring that clients' commercial needs are properly addressed.
Elisa Lorenzo is a lawyer with over 10 years’ experience advising multinational companies on all operational and regulatory aspects of their business.
Her professional experience includes working with leading companies in the gambling, technology, entertainment, pharmaceutical, fashion and food retail sectors.
Elisa has extensive experience in providing legal advice to clients which involves ensuring compliance with the applicable regulations from a regulatory, e-commerce, advertising, consumers and data protection perspective.
Recurrently involved as legal advisor in several sponsorships, promotion and marketing agreements as well as other commercial agreements, including technological outsourcing agreements.
She advises several pharmaceutical, medical devices and biotech companies on a regular basis with regard to regulatory matters, and actively participates on commercial advice in respect of license, distribution and supply agreements and negotiating with Spanish hospitals CTAs and ICFs.
Wide experience in privacy law in Spain and in providing advice to clients in ensuring compliance with the demanding data protection regulation in Spain, and particularly with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Spanish development provisions.
Extensively involved in providing Anti Money Laundering legal advice and conducting legal due diligence analysis identifying risks from an intellectual property, privacy and technologies perspective.
- Advised some of the most important multinational online gambling operators in the global betting and gambling sector in obtaining their gambling licenses in Spain, and provides daily and recurrent advice to leading operators in connection with their activities in Spain from a regulatory and commercial perspective.
- Participated in the negotiation of significant sponsorship and marketing agreements with main sport clubs in Spain.
- Provides legal advice to several leader pharmaceutical and medical devices companies on a regular basis with regards to regulatory law. Has also participated in the review and negotiation of several important contracts related to clinical trials, studies and investigations.
- Legal advisor of one mayor bank in Spain in the drafting and negotiation of commercial technological agreements (including outsourcing and software licensing contracts, and cooperation agreements for technology development).
- Universidad de Salamanca, Law Degree, 2009
- Instituto de Empresa, LLM, Master in Business Law, 2010-11
- Instituto de Empresa, Degree in Intellectual Property, 2013
- July 2018 - Now, DLA Piper Spain, S.L.
- September 2017 - December 2017, Secondee in an International law firm
- January 2015 - June 2018, Leading national law firm
- October 2011 - January 2015, DLA Piper Spain, S.L.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of Madrid Bar's Association since 2011