Marta Vizcaíno LLMOf Counsel
Marta Vizcaíno is an Of Counsel in the Corporate department in DLA Piper Spain.
She works in the corporate area with a special focus on M&A, advising both industrial investors and private equity firms, on a wide range of sectors, including energy and infrastructure. She has also vast experience on corporate restructurings.
She has advised national and international clients (investment funds and asset managers) on a wide range of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project finance, corporate restructurings, legal due diligence, and strategic commercial contracts (such as PPAs, O&M and EPC agreements). Her industry focus is on the energy and technology sectors. Marta has advised companies such as Engie, Sonnedix, RWE, Brookfield, Ardian, Quercus Real Assets or Total.
She has wide experience in recurrent advice concerning infrastructure projects and transactions, particularly in PPP, investments in ports, airports, highways and parking facilities.
- Advising a listed solar developer in the acquisition of several greenfield projects in Spain.
- Advising a major industrial in its first corporate PPA.
- Advising a major Solar PV developer on its joint venture with a leading European Asset Manager.
- Advising the renewables subsidiary of a major European electric company in the joint venture with a Spanish developer of offshore wind plants.
- Advising a major Solar PV developer on the acquisition of Spanish Solar company with a portfolio of Solar PV plants.
- Advising a major Solar PV developer on the acquisition of a rooftop PV plants developer.
- Advising the renewables division of a leading oil company on the acquisition of a portfolio of solar plants.
- Advising an International Food and Brewages Corporation on its first PPA in Spain.
- Advising a major Solar PV developer on a PPA for a 50 MW project.
- Advising a leading electrical company in the acquisition of wind projects in Spain.
- LLM with specialization in Legaltech (hons.), IE, 2019
- Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, MBA in Financial Markets, Madrid, 2007
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid / Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, Law Degree, (hons.), Madrid, 2007
- Teacher of data management at Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles.
- 2019 – 2022: Counsel and Co-head of the Energy and infrastructure department - Corporate M&A - of an international law firm.
- 2010 – 2019: Senior Associate in the Corporate and M&A department of an International Law firm.
- 2007 – 2010: Associate in a Spanish reputed Law firm.
- 2006 – 2007: Lawyer in the Legal department of a major European Bank.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Madrid Bar Association
- International Bar Association
My latest insights
Royal Decree 314/2023, 25 April, developing the procedure and requirements for the...
5 May 2023 .7 minute read
Considerations on the effects derived from the expiration of the second milestone of...
25 January 2023 .11 minute read