Raphaël Béra has extensive experience in the tax structuring of:
- Alternative investment funds (private equity / real estate / infrastructure funds) in multiple jurisdictions, including the structuring of carried interest and co-investment mechanisms;
- Mergers & Acquisitions: private M&A deals including LBOs, capital markets transactions;
- Real estate transactions, including acquisitions of French real property by institutional investors and non-resident high net worth individuals.
Raphaël has also been involved in general reorganisation work for corporate groups, including corporate tax and VAT issues.
Raphaël also represents taxpayers in tax disputes.
- Advising Antin Infrastructure Partners on the fundraising of Antin Infrastructure Partners IV.
- Advising Rothschild & Co Merchant Banking on the fundraising of Five Arrows Principal Investments III and of Five Arrows Secondary Opportunities V.
- Advising Tikehau Investment Management on the fundraising of the T2 Energy Transition Fund.
- Advising PAI Partners in connection with the structuring of the PAI Europe VII fund.
M&A / Private Equity transactions
- Advising France Air in connection with the acquisition of SIG’s Air Handling Division.
- Advising Société Générale in connection with the acquisition of Treezor.
- Advising Carlyle and Montefiore in the sale of part of their stake in European Camping Group to OTPP.
- Advising a French institutional investor on real estate investments in Denmark.
- Advising Norges in connection with the acquisition of the 79 avenue des Champs Elysées (Paris) building.
- Harvard Law School, LLM and International Tax Program
- Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, Master 2 in Business Law (DJCE)
- Sciences Po, BA in Public Affairs
- Best Lawyers - Tax Law – 2021-22
- Chambers Europe – Band 4 – Tax – 2022
- Legal 500 – Private Equity Tax – Leading Individual - 2022
- Global Tax Alert: French Supreme Administrative Court requests preliminary ruling from ECJ, 6 July 2021
- Announced, proposed and implemented: Key features of France's DST, 9 February 2021
- Announced, proposed and implemented: Developments in Digital Services Tax in key European jurisdictions, 9 February 2021
- Blog post: "Fonds d’investissement - Commentaires administratifs relatifs à la sortie du Royaume-Uni de l’Union européenne", DLA Piper Insights, April 2021
- Blog post: "Announced, proposed and implemented: Developments in Digital Services Tax in key European jurisdictions", DLA Piper Insights, February 2021
- Blog post: "Loi de Finances pour 2021", DLA Piper Insights, January 2021
- Quote: "Capital-investissement : Le retour de bâton fiscal", L’AGEFI, November 2020
- Article: "Octroi d'avance en compte courant aux entreprises en difficulté par OPC", Les Echos Executives, July 2020
- Article: "Les nouvelles dispositions relatives à l'exonération de TVA liée à la gestion des fonds d'investissement commentées par l'administration fiscale", Les Echos Executives, June 2020, Option Droit & Affaire (ODA), September 2020
- Article: COVID19 - Distributions de dividendes et rachat d'actions : quelles entreprises concernées par l'interdiction?", Les Echos Executives, April 2020
- Blog post: "COVID-19 The Governmental Response in France", April 2020
- Blog post: "Coronavirus COVID-19 Tax Q&A: France", April 2020
- Blog post: "Les entreprises face au Covid-19 : quelles mesures fiscales?", March 2020
- Blog post: "Loi de Finances pour 2020", February 2020
- Blog post: "France publishes transposition order to implement EU DAC6 directive into domestic law", December 2019
- Blog post: "Déclaration des dispositifs fiscaux potentiellement agressifs (DAC 6) : l'ordonnance de transposition est parue", October 2019
- Blog post: "French Digital Services Tax enters into force", September 2019
- Blog post: "New French digital tax under discussion", March 2019
- Blog post: "Loi de finances pour 2019 - Mesures fiscales intéressant les entreprises", January 2019
- Blog post: "Loi de finances pour 2019 - Mesures fiscales intéressant les particuliers", January 2019
- Webinar: Loi de finances, ATAD 2, DAC6: quel environnement fiscal en 2021? January 2021
- Fair: International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, January 2019, 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises BIC on acquisition of Advanced Magnetic Interaction (AMI)
21 September 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises LBBW on the financing of H2air's Myosotis wind farm in France
28 March 2022 .2 minute read