Sophie Cochery assists corporates and insurance companies in insurance and reinsurance matters, and industrial risks, in particular in the aviation sector. She represents major aviation manufacturers and related businesses (subsidiaries and subcontractors) before civil and criminal courts and in multijurisdictional disputes.
She regularly handles large-scale cases of managers’ and Financial Institutions’ liability in the context of increasing number of regulatory investigations relating, in particular, to compliance issues. Sophie's practice is also focused on commercial arbitration, including increasing involvement in investment arbitration matters.
She specialises in:
- handling massive collective claims and criminal prosecution defense in relation to major fatal accidents,
- providing coverage advice and assistance on defense costs issues to main Financial Lines insurers in Europe on high profile cases,
- handling disputes in arbitration and before state courts on claims in insurance matters, investment disputes, commercial contract disputes and annulment of arbitration awards.
- D.E.S.S., International Business Law , University of Paris I Panthéon - Sorbonne 2000
- LL.M., European and International Law, University of Exeter 1998
- M.A., Management, Finance and Business Law, University of Paris IX Dauphine 1997