Marine GicquelSenior Counsel
Marine Gicquel has been practicing French employment law since 1997, advising and representing France local and international clients in a wide range of services and industries before all types of jurisdictions (civil, labor, criminal and administrative courts), handling in particular the employment aspects of complex restructuring operations and related litigations.
She has also a specific experience and has built a strong reputation in handling restructuring plans / collective dismissal (including preparation and negotiation of social plans, monitoring negotiations with employee and union representatives and with governmental labor authorities) and resolution of related individual and/or collective disputes before all jurisdictions and advising clients in a pragmatic way on optimizing their organization post downsizing, as well as on working time issues and negotiations
Her experience also includes preparation and negotiation of employment agreements including confidentiality and non-compete undertakings, the structuring of executive compensation packages, the severance of individual employment contracts, the structuring of settlement proposals and their agreements, and the resolution of related disputes.
She has developed specific expertise in the media, IT and pharmaceutical and life science sectors and has been trusted by faithful key players in those sectors for more than 15 years.
- Advising a key player of the Music sector with respect to the restructuring of its label in France and the harmonization of applicable collective status.
- Advising the leader American news agency with respect to the labor aspects of a disposition of assets and successfully representing them in a highly sensitive and political case before Appeal court.
- Advising a major news agency in a criminal claim relating to harassment and psychosocial risk factors.
- Advising the worldwide leader in the health data collection and analysis and provision of related technology services in a major collective dismissal plan impacting 20% of French workforce and post-restructuring integration.
- Advising a worldwide leader in big data analytics in the setting-up and structuration of their operations and business in France.
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne Postgraduate degree (DEA) in labor law
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas Master's degree in business and tax law
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas Postgraduate degree (DESS) in business law and tax law
University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne Postgraduate degree (DEA) in labor law
- Legal 500 – Employment – Tier 2 – 2022
- Legal 500 – Healthcare and – Tier 2 – 2022
- Marine Gicquel frequently writes articles for leading French publications (including Les Echos, the French leading business publication) and contributes to clients’ newsletters to update them on various employment issues.
- Interview: “Vers un renouveau du dialogue social à la suite de la crise sanitaire ?” with Marine Gicquel and Benoît Serre, Les Echos Executives, NextStep Magazine, March 2021
- Marine regularly speaks at conferences and seminars on employment issues
- Marine also recorded and organized numbers of Webinars made available to our clients on our dedicated online portal for employment (GENIE)