Claire L. HallPartner
Claire Hall focuses her practice on structured finance and derivatives. Claire represents issuers, underwriters and investors across a broad range of domestic and cross-border structured, warehouse and asset-backed finance transactions covering both public deals and private placements. In recent years, Claire’s ABS experience has focused on esoteric transactions such as solar, trade receivables, PACE, management fee cashflows, property developer fees, cashflows from multifamily housing assets and music royalties backed securitizations.
Claire has significant experience representing financial institutions, hedge funds, asset managers, dealers and end users in relation to a variety of derivatives transactions and structures. She also advises on regulatory issues affecting derivatives.
Claire is currently a co-chair of DLA Piper's LIBOR Transition working group and co-head of the Derivatives practice.
- Represented Concord Music in relation to its $1.8 billion music royalties backed securitization
- Acted as investor counsel in relation to multiple private placement LIHTEC securitizations
- Acted as placement agent counsel in relation to a 144A LIHTEC securitization
- Represented investors in the private placement purchase of data center asset backed notes
- Represented multiple borrowers in warehouse financing arrangements
- Represented the issuer in the private placement of $100 million ABS notes backed by solar assets
- Represented the issuer in relation to the issuance of $250,000,000 music royalty backed notes in a private placement
- Acted as investor counsel regarding the provision of bridge financing for portfolios of tax-exempt low-income housing bonds
- B.A., College of Law, London 2002
- LL.B. (Hon.), English and German Laws, Liverpool University 2001
- The Legal 500 United States
2020 - Recommended, Structured Finance: Securitization
- 2017 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award: Hedge Fund Transactions Lawyer of the Year in California
- Claire has been named a Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star by the publisher of Law & Politics and Los Angeles magazines 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Co-author, "Cross-Border Impact of US Margin Rules," Thomson Reuters, December 9, 2016
- Co-author, "Life on the margin: US margin rules finalized at last," Journal of Investment Compliance, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2016
- Co-author, "To Report Or Not To Report: Responding To Boycott Requests," Law360, September 21, 2015
- Co-author, ''Sink Or Swim? The New Reality of Regulatory Risk in the Energy Markets,'' Pratt's Energy Law Report, LexisNexis
- Co-author, ''A Practical Examination of the Regulatory Oversight of Energy Marketing & Trading Companies in the United States,'' Energy Law Advisor, Vol. 8, No. 5 – November 2014
- "Hedging Carbon Risks," California Current, Volume 12, Number 18, May 9, 2014
- Speaker, Navigating the LIBOR Transition," DLA Piper webinar, July 8, 2020
- Speaker, "Swap Collateral Documentation and the New Final Margin Regulations for Uncleared Swaps," Strafford Webinar, September 29, 2016
- Panelist, ''CFTC Proposed Rule for the Cross Border Application of the Margin Requirements,'' The Knowledge Group Webcast, January 22, 2016
- Presenter, "Your Firm and the ISDA Resolution Stay Protocol," The Knowledge Group Webcast, June 17, 2015
- Speaker, "Global Derivatives Regulations," ACA Compliance Group Fall 2013 Compliance Conference, October 10, 2013
Claire joined the firm having previously worked at leading law firms in New York, Los Angeles and London.
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Bar Association – Derivatives and Futures Law Committee
- 100 Women in Finance
- Structured Finance Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Citizens in the signing of a Corporate Power Purchase Agreement to...
20 September 2022 .3 minute read
For funds participating in commodities markets: Understanding pool operator and commodity...
7 June 2022