Dr Henriette Norda LL.M.Partner
Versed, strategic and convincing: one of the best in her field; adapts well to the needs of clients; very good negotiator.
Henriette Norda advises a wide range of companies, including national and international SMEs and Fortune 500 companies, on all aspects of individual and collective employment law including related aspects of corporate law.
She also has significant experience in assisting companies in dealing with works councils.
A main focus of her practice is offering legal advice on restructuring measures, including all questions relating to the transfer of business and outsourcing, and any changes to operations such as staff reductions. She also gives comprehensive advice on labour and employment law aspects of M&A transactions. Furthermore, she represents companies and management in disputes before the courts.
Henriette heads the German Employment group of DLA Piper and is a Certified Specialist for Labour Law.
- Advising the world's leading supplier to commercial, packaging and label printing companies regarding the transformation of their business and the reorganization of the group.
- Advising one of the largest fashion retailers (logistic and sales) on a wide range of issues relating to all aspects of collective labour law and co-determination rights e.g. health and safety issues, vacation, temporary workers.
- Representing one of the largest fashion retailers in reconciliation boards on a number of occasions.
- Advising one of the worldwide leaders in IT on individual and group labour law issues in particular: participation rights of works councils; on-going advisory services related to remuneration, bonus entitlements, health and safety, termination issues and litigation issues; day-to-day issues, including e.g. employment contracts and internal employment regulations (regulations on remuneration, employment regulations); advising in case of business transfers (draft of notification letters).
- Advising one of the biggest airlines on group labour law issues in particular regarding the establishment of a joint operation and the effects on existing shop agreements and works councils.
- Preparing agreements with temporary work agencies for a multinational confectionery, food and beverage conglomerate.
- Conducting advocacy at labour courts including the German Federal Labour Court on a number of occasions, including cases about the scope of works council’s co-determination rights.
- Bucerius Law School, First State Examination
- Higher Court of Hamburg, Second State Examination
- Bucerius Law School, Ph.D.
University of Chicago, LL.M.
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for employment law: advising companies; “versed, strategic and convincing: one of the best in her field”, “adapts well to the needs of clients”, “very good negotiator”, clients
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for employment law; “Henriette Norda is extraordinary. She is a true powerhouse: astute, precise, incredibly responsive. She offers pragmatic solutions to complex issues. She is also experienced in litigation and is exactly the lawyer you want to have on your side.”
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for labor and employment law
- Hospitality Restructuring Germany, 30 October 2020
- Travel times in field service – employee relocation as a labor law problem („Wegezeiten im Außendienst – Der Mitarbeiterumzug als arbeitsrechtliches Problem“), NZA 2021, 612, Dr. Henriette Norda, Philip Hackethal
- The employment contract in electronic form in the area of employee leasing („Der Arbeitsvertrag in elektronischer Form im Bereich der Arbeitnehmerüberlassung“), NZA 2022, 8, Dr. Henriette Norda, Dr. Felix Stoecker, Niklas Wilde