Jonathan is recognised as one of the few IT leading individuals in France. He is experienced in all aspects of IT law, with a particular focus on cloud and digital transformation, IT projects, and outsourcing.
Jonathan advises clients and service providers on digital transformation, agile development, open source, AI and cloud computing legal challenges. He has been involved in drafting and negotiating complex and business critical IT, technology driven and outsourcing projects globally. He has unique expertise in big data and on the Internet of Things.
With his extensive knowledge of the sector, Jonathan Rofé assists users as well as suppliers of IT services in drafting and negotiating their contracts.He also has extensive experience in multi-jurisdictional outsourcing projects (BPO, ITO, AMO) and he leads this practice in the IP&T department.
- Assisting a French multinational pharmaceutical company in the outsourcing of its all its worldwide regulatory affairs to a single service provider.
- Assisting a French multinational pharmaceutical company in the selection of and negotiation with various Cloud services providers within the frame of its global cloud approach and "Cloud Enablement" project. We have been involved in the negotiation with all key cloud services providers, including review and negotiation of their contracts, risk assessment, data privacy analysis, etc. (Microsoft, Amazon, Google,IBM).
- Assisting a French multinational pharmaceutical company in the outsourcing of all its finance and procurement services to a single provider in 33 countries. We assisted the company in all phases of the project (RFP, bidders selection, negotiations).
- Assisting a major film production and distribution company in the context of its partnership with a leader of e-payments systems for the setting up and maintenance of a secured digital platform for the archiving and exploitation of all its film portfolio in digital format.
- Advising a leading and innovative global tire manufacturer in its re-tendering of its global IT infrastructure outsourcing from incumbent supplier to several new multisourcing suppliers. Scope of the outsourcing was worldwide and included Data Centers (including Cloud Computing Services), Network, End-User Services, NET and Multi-Suppliers Integration.
- Advising French multinational pharmaceutical company in the implementation of its global patient relationship management platform. Our team was involved in the setting up and negotiation of the contractual documents to be signed with all providers involved in the project (Integrators, Software publisher) together with the authorization process before the CNIL for the processing of health data through the platform.
- Assisting a French multinational pharmaceutical company on a daily basis in all its IT contract negotiations and digital transformation issues (cloud services, implementation services, software and maintenance agreements, IoT etc.).
- Advising a worldwide lead in integrated facility management services in the outsourcing of its service desk and IT hardware management services to Computacenter, aiming at harmonizing and integrating services, processes and tools.
- Advising an leading international luxury group based in Paris in the contractual strategy (including since the RFP process) and negotiation of all contracts linked to the launch of this new e-commerce platform, including:
- SAAS services with Salesforce and related IT implementation services;
- Application maintenance services;
- Order Management services and related IT implementation services;
- PIM services (RFP still on-going); and
- Payment tools and fraud management system.
- University of Paris V Descartes, Postgraduate degree (DESS) in e-commerce Law
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne Master's degree in property and contracts Law
- Chambers Europe – TMT : Information Technology – Band 1 - 2023
- Legal 500 – Data Privacy and Data Protection – Tier 1 – 2022-23
- Legal 500 - IT and Internet – Tier 1 – 2023
- Legal 500 – Healthcare and Life Sciences – Tier 2 – 2023
- Best Lawyers – Information Technology Law – 2020-24
- Legal 500 – IT and Internet –Leading individual – 2022-23
- Chambers Europe – Up and Coming – TMT: Information Technology – 2023
- « L’intelligence artificielle, un casse-tête pour les régulateurs », Les Echos, March 2023
- «IA : Elon Musk et des experts appellent à une pause, évoquant des risques majeurs pour l’humanité », Les Echos, March 2023
- « Intelligence Artificielle et propriété intellectuelle : créateur de robot et robot créateur (III) », Les Echos Executives, October 2019 (this article was awarded a “Plume d’argent” at the Plumes et Caméras de l’économie et du droit by Business Legal Forum in October 2019)
- « Santé et Transformation digitale », Les Echos Executives, July 2019
- “Healthcare & Digital Transformation”, DLA Piper Digital Guide: Impact on Sectors, Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires (LJA), April 2019
- « Santé & transformation numérique », Livre blanc : Le numérique et ses déclinaisons sectorielles, Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires (LJA), March 2019
Jonathan has given a large number of training sessions on IT projects, open source issues and digital transformation at Ecole 42 and private training organisations (Capgemini Institute).
• IT/Digital morning conference, « Pratiques contractuelles et contentieux du digital » organized by Stéphane Lemarchand, Fabienne Panneau, Jonathan Rofé, Armand Gabriel de Paz, Jeanne Dauzier, Aurelia Pons, Aurélie Borgat (May 2022)
Before joining DLA Piper, he worked for various major law and consulting firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- European Outsourcing Association France
My latest insights
Digital Guide: industry-specific analyses of artifical intelligence
27 January 2023 .1 minute read