Yann ZelletSenior Associate
Yann Zellet focuses on banking, finance and restructuring work, with a particular focus on fund finance, green finance, secured lending, leveraged finance and real estate finance. Yann also regularly handles restructuring matters and securitisation transactions.
Yann regularly advises international companies, asset managers, green funds, private equity houses, real estate investment structures and financial institutions in various types of cross-border finance transactions, including acquisitions, financing and restructuring.
He has been involved in the drafting of various finance documentation, governed by Luxembourg law for leading banks and involving cross-border work.
- Advising Lone Star Capital on the financing and acquisition of Propertize Bank in the Netherlands, including the corporate, real estate, finance and restructuring matters pertaining to real estate assets located in 12 jurisdictions and the underlying loans for a total value of EUR5,6bn.
- Advising Herbalife Ltd. and its Luxembourg subsidiaries on the refinancing through a USD1,45bn senior credit facility.
- Advising CSEIP on the structuring of the EUR500m bank financing and the intragroup equity and debt financing, coming from the Luxembourg investment funds vehicles involved in the pre-construction, under construction and operating wind farms.
- Advising the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm on the EUR124m external refinancing of a Pan-European real estate portfolio, a EUR30m bridge loan for future acquisition and a EUR395m internal financing restructuring. The underlying real estate assets were located in France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Netherlands and Portugal.
- Advising a leading Nordic bank on the financing of the acquisition of a EUR113,1m portfolio of 11 freehold office properties in Finland.
- Advising ABRY Partners on the EUR980m financing of the cross-border acquisition by AddSecure of Chiron Security Communications.
- Assisting one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups on bridge financing for of one of its Luxembourg investment funds.
- Assisting an international group specialising in cinematographic activities in the acquisition, financing and restructuring of the Cine Invest group, which owns and operates eight multiplex cinemas in Belgium and in the Netherlands.
- Advising one of the world’s largest real estate investment management firms on the EUR124m external refinancing of a Pan-European real estate portfolio, a EUR30m bridge loan for future acquisition and a EUR395m internal financing restructuring. The assets were located in France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Netherlands and Portugal.
- Advising a US manufacturer group on its corporate and finance restructuring.
- Bar exam (Certificat d'Aptitude à la Profession d'Avocat)
- University of Strasbourg (France), Master 2 in Banking and Finance Law
- University of Strasbourg (France), Law degree in business law
- 2021 - to date: Senior Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2016 - 21: Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2015: Trainee, Luxembourg law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper Luxembourg advises Novaxia Investissement on land acquisition in Luxembourg
22 August 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper Luxembourg has advised 3R Petroleum subsidiary to obtain funds for Petrobras...
18 August 2022 .1 minute read