Sidrah ArifLegal Director
I enjoy using my knowledge and experience in the power, renewable energy, infrastructure and oil and gas sectors to help clients achieve their goals.
Sidrah specialises in project finance, structured finance and banking transactions. She advises lenders, procurers, development financial institutions, export credit agencies, sponsors and project companies in the power, renewables, infrastructure and oil & gas sectors across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Advising senior and equity lenders in relation to circa. USD 1.5 billion project financing (involving a mixture of conventional financing, Islamic financing and hedging) of a large scale multi-utilities project in Saudi Arabia. The project includes wind, solar and the world’s largest battery storage facility, potable water through three seawater reverse osmosis plants, sustainable solid waste management, wastewater treatment and district cooling infrastructure.
- Acting for a Hong Kong based fund in relation to the successful sale of a portfolio of renewable energy assets in the UK. This was a time critical deal for the client as the transaction had to complete in time for their IPO.
- Advising a Middle East sponsor in relation to the acquisition and financing of an Energy from Waste project in the UK. This was the first deal for the sponsor in the UK and we successfully supported the client through the complexities of the underlying project.
- Advising a developmental financial institution in relation to the re-financing of a renewable energy project in West Africa.
- Durham University, LLM, 2001
- 2014-2016, Global Projects Counsel, NASDAQ listed international company
- 2004-2013, Associate /Senior Associate, international law firm