Rachel ArmstrongSenior Associate
Rachel Armstrong practices in the area of construction, engineering and infrastructure dispute resolution, with a particular focus on projects disputes.
Rachel acts for financial institutions, employers, contractors, consultants and specialist sub-contractors across a range of PPP/PFI projects and in the infrastructure and construction sectors.
She has experience in both domestic and international litigation, adjudication and arbitration, and also advises on dispute avoidance, ADR and contract administration on projects before disputes arise.
- Acting for a leading facilities management and construction contractor on two successful adjudications on a hospital PFI project, one involving fire-stopping
- Acting for a SPV project company in relation to both upstream and downstream disputes concerning the construction and facilities management of a PFI hospital
- Acting for the operating subcontractor in a series of adjudications relating to disputed adjustments under a high-profile highways maintenance and management PFI contract
- The defence, mediation and mediated settlement of a claim in the High Court TCC for an international oil and gas company in relation to the decommissioning of a North Sea platform
- A multi-national arbitration relating to the construction of a pipeline in MENA
- College of Law: Legal Practice Course and LLB, 2012
- College of Law: Graduate Diploma in Law, 2011
- University of Exeter: English, BA(Hons), 2010
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Society of Construction Law (SCL)
- Member of the Technology and Construction Solicitors' Association (TeCSA)