David M. ClarkPartner
David Clark focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions.
For over 25 years, David has represented public and private companies in negotiated domestic and cross border acquisitions and dispositions (including mergers, stock transactions, asset deals and divestitures) across all technology sectors, including software, SaaS, AI, robotics, NFTs, medtech, biotech and life sciences companies.
Recent representative transactions include...
- SeaSpine (SPNE) in its merger of equals with Orthofix Medical, Inc. (OFIX)
- NIKE, Inc. (NKE) in multiple domestic and cross-border acquisitions
- Woven Planet Holdings, a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation (TM), in multiple domestic and cross-border acquisitions, including the Level 5 automated vehicles division of Lyft (LYFT)
- Specific Diagnostics in its acquisition by bioMérieux
- Yamaha in its acquisition of Siren Marine, Inc.
- Codex DNA, Inc. (DNAY) in its acquisition of Eton Biosciences
- Agena Bioscience in its acquisition by Mesa Laboratories, Inc. (MLAB)
- GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) in its acquisition by Roche
- DexCom (DXCM) in multiple cross-border acquisitions
- Reveal Biosciences, a computational pathology company, in its acquisition by a portfolio company of Arsenal Capital Partners
- Hologic (HOLX) in its acquisition of Biotheranostics
- Medtronic (MDT) in its acquisition of Medicrea
- Ecwid, a provider of e-commerce platform solutions, in its acquisition by private equity buyers
- LEGO in its cross-border acquisitions of Bricklink and Sohobricks
- Maxwell Technologies (MXWL) in its acquisition by Tesla, Inc. (TSLA)
- QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM) in multiple domestic and cross-border acquisitions
- DTS, Inc. (DTSI), a premier audio solutions provider, in multiple acquisitions, including its ultimate acquisition by Tessera Technologies, Inc. (TSRA)
- SeaSpine (SPNE) in multiple domestic and cross-border acquisition related matters
- Safer Systems, a provider of chemical incident monitoring, modeling, and mitigation software solutions, in its acquisition by Fortive (FTV)
- Novasyte, a provider of clinical, field and corrective services to the medtech industry, in its acquisition by IQVIA (IQV)
- SOR Technology, a developer of a SaaS platform for the travel and leisure industry, in its acquisition by a portfolio company of 3i Group
- Grow Team, a provider of search engine optimization solutions, in its acquisition by a portfolio company of H.I.G. Capital
- CUSO Financial Services, a provider of investment advisory and related services to the credit union industry, in its acquisition by a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners
- LLamasoft, Inc., a leading provider of supply chain optimization software solutions, in its acquisition by TPG
- Terumo Corporation, in its cross-border acquisition of Bolton Medical, a maker of thoracic and abdominal stent graft systems
- Zementis, a predictive analytics software provider, in its acquisition by Software AG
- FMG Suite, a developer of marketing software solutions for the financial industry, in its acquisition by a private equity buyer
- AbVitro, a developer of cancer-focused immunotherapy solutions, in its acquisition by Juno Therapeutics (JUNO)
- Starmaker Interactive, Inc., a leading mobile music platform, in its acquisition by a Chinese public company
- Protein Technologies, Inc., a developer and provider of peptide synthesizers and reagents, in its acquisition by Ampersand Capital Partners
- Armor Express, a developer and distributor of hard and soft body armor products, in its acquisition by Spanos Barber Jesse & Co.
- Gehry Technologies, Inc., a construction and engineering software solutions provider founded by renowned architect Frank Gehry, in its acquisition by Trimble Network Ltd. (TRMB)
- XIFIN, Inc., a cloud-based provider of medical billing and compliance software solutions for diagnostic service providers, in its acquisition by GTCR
- Perion Network Ltd., an Israel-based, global performance-focused media and internet company in its acquisition of Grow Mobile, Inc.
- Global Analytics Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Workpays.me, an online payroll direct consumer lending company
- EdgeCast Networks, Inc., a provider of content delivery network solutions, in its acquisition by Verizon (VZ)
- The Active Network, Inc. (ACTV), a leading provider of cloud-based activity and participant management solutions, in its acquisition by Vista Equity Partners
- CPA Global, a leading intellectual property management and software specialist, and an international provider of outsourced legal services, in is acquisition of First to File, Inc.
- Nik Software, Inc., a digital photography software developer, in its acquisition by Google Inc. (GOOG)
- Title Technologies, Inc., a provider of electronic registration and data solutions for the automotive industry, in its acquisition by Solera Holdings, Inc. (SLH)
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. (PFCB), owner and operator of the P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Pei Wei Asian Diner and True Foods Kitchen restaurant concepts, in its acquisition by Centerbridge Partners
- eBioscience, Inc., a life sciences research tools company, in its acquisition by Affymetrix, Inc. (AFFX)
- The Retail Equation, Inc., a fraud detection and analytics software provider for the retail industry, in its acquisition by Norwest Venture Partners
- J.D., George Washington University Law School
- B.A., Brigham Young University
Before joining DLA Piper, David served as Executive Vice President and General Counsel - Americas of Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc., the world's largest out-of-home advertising company (CCO), where he worked closely with executive management and led a team of talented transactional, litigation and regulatory attorneys and professionals and oversaw scores of strategic and "tuck-in" acquisitions.