Greg's practice focuses on intellectual property, including U.S. and International trademark law matters copyright, advertising and media law. He advises clients on all aspects of U.S. and international trademark law, including trademark prosecution, clearance, maintenance and enforcement. Greg advises media companies and major brands to produce, license and monetize creative content. He assists media companies and brands in navigating their intellectual property and contractual rights that affect how campaigns are activated and content is distributed across all media. Greg also advises clients on structuring and negotiating influencer and celebrity endorsement and other advertising agreements.
Greg has been published discussing intellectual property law matters with NYSBA's Entertainment Arts and Sports Law Journal and on Playbill.
- J.D., Hofstra University
- B.A., North Carolina School of Arts
- Selected to Rising Stars by Super Lawyers® for 2022
- Author, Attorney Gregory S. DeSantis Breaks Down Copyright Law—and Just What Constitutes 'Fair Use'," PlayBill, May 9, 2022
- Author, Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Journal – Vol. 32 No. 1, NYSBA, April 27, 2021
- Speaker, "Copyright and Trademark Considerations for Using Generative AI Technology," VLA, October 25, 2023
- Speaker, "Protecting the Non-Fungible: NFTs and IP Law," South Asian Bar Association, September 20, 2022
- Speaker, "DIGITAL WORK & THE METAVERSE: IP CONSIDERATIONS FOR A VIRTUAL ART WORLD," Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts New York, June 29, 2022
He graduated from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, where he received a B.F.A in ballet with a minor in modern dance. In his career as a professional dancer, he performed at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. and the War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco in addition to the Broadway National Tour of Movin' Out. He earned his J.D. at Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University where he completed the intellectual property law honors concentration. Gregory is a member of NYC Bar Association's Trademarks & Unfair Competition Committee.