Maria FitzpatrickLegal Director
Maria has a broad range of commercial contracts and technology and outsourcing experience. This ranges from advising on large-scale public sector procurements for both central government and utilities companies to advising on private sector procurement of goods and services via various routes to market. Therefore, her work spans across multiple sectors, including consumer goods, food and retail, energy and natural resources, industrials and technology.
Maria is known for her excellent client service and attention to detail.
- Currently leading a small team of more junior associates to assist a global luxury retailer with a range of commercial contracts and technology focussed agreements.
- Maria in particular has been praised by the client for the quality of support and level of responsiveness received.
- Currently leading on the procurement of a communications system by a large scale electricity systems operator, using the competitive dialogue procedure under the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016.
- The communications system being procured is "critical national infrastructure" and builds upon Maria's past experience in advising the Home Office in relation to its well-publicised re-set of its Emergency Services Network (ESN), which was also "critical national infrastructure", in addition to her previous experience in advising utilities providers.
- Maria is recognised by the client as a trusted advisor, having advised on the contracting strategy and led on negotiations with bidders throughout the dialogue phase of the procurement. She has received very positive feedback for her hard work and dedication in supporting the client through particularly busy periods on this project.
- Building on the wealth of experience that Maria has gained in advising central and local government on large scale public sector outsourcings, she is also currently advising a central government department on its contracting arrangements for voice and data communications services.
- Recently advised a global toy manufacturer with the procurement of facilities management services for numerous stores across multiple European jurisdictions.
- This involved putting in place a facilities management framework agreement, pursuant to which local agreements in each of the relevant jurisdictions could be entered into.
- Maria worked closely with the client's procurement lead, providing contractual solutions to address the areas of concern raised by the client, particularly those experienced as a result of the pandemic.
- Recently advised a manufacturer and retailer of luxury appliances on franchising requirements across multiple European jurisdictions.
- Also conducted a comparative analysis on various other routes to market and advised the client on the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- University of Liverpool (LLB) (Hons), 2003 - 2006
- Postgraduate: College of Law, Chester, Legal Practice Course (Distinction), 2008 – 2009
Memberships And Affiliations