Joanna HaighLegal Director
Joanna Haigh has over 10 years’ of experience in commercial dispute resolution, including international arbitration and litigation, and she advises on a variety of complex disputes. In particular, she frequently acts for clients in IT and outsourcing disputes and public procurement challenges.
- Advising the NHS National IT Programme (one of the world's largest ever IT procurements) in respect of contract issues, dispute prevention and dispute resolution over a number of years including the resolution of a very large and high value dispute with one major supplier by way of arbitration proceedings.
- Advising a number of UK Government Departments in relation to risks and disputes in relation to major IT and critical national infrastructure projects as part of multi-disciplinary teams and achieving successful outcomes.
- Acting for Merseytravel in defence of a procurement challenge by Bombardier in relation to the award of a rolling stock contract worth hundreds of millions of pounds. The claim settled.
- University of Sheffield, BA (Hons)
- Nottingham Law School, GDL & LPC (Distinction)
- Joanna haigh is the co-author of a Practice Notice published by PLC on how to deal with and manage IT-related disputes.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Society for Computers and Law