Rhea Ingram-Smith advises insurers, insurance intermediaries, corporates and Lloyd's Insurance Market participants on the operation of UK financial services regulation and commercial matters. Rhea works with various other Insurance sector participants at DLA Piper, such as corporate M&A and commercial contracts specialists both in the UK and globally, to service clients' national and cross-border insurance business needs.
- Secondment to AIG's EMEA legal team, which included supporting on various multi-jurisdictional commercial matters.
- Advising clients on licensing requirements to carry on regulated activity in the UK and Europe, and on operating compliantly with PRA and FCA regulation.
- Advising a number of EU based insurers and intermediaries on operating compliantly in the UK after Brexit (including temporary permissions and run-off regimes) and assisting with the authorisation of branches and entities in the UK.
- Providing regulatory support on corporate transactions in the Insurance sector.
- Developing and drafting a new policy wording for a London Market insurer.
- Providing multi-jurisdictional advice for insurance groups on regulatory issues.
- The University of Aberdeen, LLB (Hons), 2018
- The University of Edinburgh, Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, 2019
Memberships And Affiliations
- Ordinary member of the Chartered Insurance Institute
My latest insights
DLA Piper Responds to Proposed CBI Guidance for (Re)Insurance Undertakings on Climate...
26 October 2022 .3 minute read
Transition Plan Taskforce - DLA Piper responds to Call for Evidence
25 July 2022 .2 minute read