Yue Liu (刘玥)Associate
Yue practises corporate and commercial law. She is bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese and can deliver legal advice in both languages.
Yue assists clients on a wide range of corporate commercial matters, including business formation and structuring, corporate governance, purchase and sale transactions, and reviewing and drafting commercial agreements. Yue also provides legal advice regarding the protection of privacy and data breach response in the private sector.
During law school, Yue completed Business Law Concentration. She was a program research assistant for Pro Bono Students Canada and a clinician of the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program. While completing her Ph.D. in law at UBC, she worked for an SSHRC program researching on local compliance with international trade and human rights standards in the Asia-Pacific region.
Yue was a practising lawyer in China and she also worked in a provincial government institute. Yue articled with the firm before joining as an associate.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- J.D., University of British Columbia, Peter A. Allard School of Law, 2021
- Ph.D., University of British Columbia, Peter A. Allard School Law, 2017
- Master of Law/Bachelor of Law, Jilin University, China
- Bruce H McColl Memorial Prize
- Honorary Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
- BC Law Foundation Fellowship
- Volunteer, Access Pro Bono Tribunals Program
- Language support volunteer, Rise Women’s Legal Centre
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia) Society
My latest insights
Privacy and cybersecurity in Canada: What every business needs to know
12 April 2023 .9 minute read
The rise of facial recognition technology and Canada's response
8 November 2022 .1 minute read