Richard May is a corporate lawyer with over 25 years’ experience advising UK and international clients on M&A mandates.
Richard is a former head of our Manufacturing sector group and has acted on numerous Industrials sector transactions over the years for clients such as Howmet Aerospace, Arconic Inc. and Outokumpu Oyj.
He also works extensively in the edutech space, assisting clients such as Tes Global and Times Higher Education with their national and international expansion plans.
Richard also advises clients on the UK aspects of multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganisations.
- Advising on M&A auction sales for sellers and bidders.
- Acting for global manufacturing clients on multi-jurisdiction strategic acquisitions and disposals.
- Acting for PE backed groups on “'buy-and-build” projects.
- Advising global groups on significant equity realignment/reorganisation projects.
- Acting for management teams on MBOs and on exit.
- Acting on due diligence projects for multi-jurisdiction transactions.
- UEA, Norwich, BA History (Upper Second), 1989
1999 to 2004, Associate, DLA Piper
1997 to 1999, Solicitor, DLA Piper
1995 to 1997, Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society