Dr Andreas Meyer-LandrutPartner
Dr Andreas Meyer-Landrut has a long lasting experience in the field of corporate law.
Andreas advises mainly industrial corporations and listed companies on ongoing corporate matters as well as in transactions such as capital measures, corporate restructuring and M&A transactions. The scope of his advice includes corporate and capital markets compliance, board matters, workers co-determination on board level, corporate litigation and D&O matters.
- Representation of STRABAG SE in corporate litigation and action for damages and compensation from corporate liability.
- Ongoing representation of EWE AG in governance issues, board matters and corporate litigation.
- Advising STEAG GmbH in the final take-over and financing of STEAG GmbH by a consortium of public utilities, ongoing in governance issues and elements of its financial re-structuring.
- Advising a large German insurance company in compliance matters and D&O-liability.
- Corporate advice to Pensionskasse of Caritas VVaG and Koelner Pensionskasse VVaG as well as their boards during first of its kind restructuring.
- Friedrich Wilhelm University of Bonn, First State Examination, 1984
- Higher Regional Court of Berlin, Second State Examination, 1987
- Friedrich Wilhelm University of Bonn, Ph.D, 1988
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for corporate law; “The practice of Schnabel and Meyer-Landrut is increasingly positioning itself as group counsel with its corporate law work (...)” (2021/2022)
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for corporate law and insurance: advice to insurers
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023/2024: Recommended for capital markets law, corporate and insurance law
- Kanzleimonitor 2020/2021: Recommended for corporate as well as for stock corporation and group law
- Acritas Stars 2019: Listed as “Star Lawyer” in Germany
- Gesetz zur Stärkung der Finanzmarktintegrität (FISG) - Änderungen für kapitalmarktorientierte Unternehmen ab 1. Juli 2021, 24. Mai 2021
- Meyer-Landrut (Hrsg.): 'Formularbuch GmbH-Recht', Carl Heymanns Verlag, 3rd edition, Köln 2016
- Andreas Meyer-Landrut/Cornelia Wendel: 'Satzungen und Hauptversammlungsbeschlüsse der AG' RWS-Vertragskommentare 12, 2. Aufl. RWS Verlag Köln 2011
- Feddersen/Meyer-Landrut: 'Partnerschaftsgesellschaft - Kommentar und Mustervertrag', Luchterhand, Neuwied, 1995
- Meyer-Landrut: 'Europäische Wirtschaftliche Interessenvereinigung', Schäffer-Verlag, Stuttgart, 1988
Andreas is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars regarding corporate law issues, especially in cooperation with Management Forum Starnberg).
- 2008, Partner of DLA Piper UK LLP
- 2000, Partner of a US law firm, Duesseldorf (Office Managing Partner)
- 1992, Partner of a national law firm, Frankfurt
- 1987, Associate at a national law firm, Frankfurt
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises EWE in proceedings against former CEO and reaches settlement
7 July 2023 .2 minute read
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 98 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
16 June 2023 .2 minute read