Jan SchürmannSenior Associate
Jan Schürmann practices in the area of corporate law, with a focus on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and restructurings. He is involved in transactions across a broad range of industry sectors, advising both on strategic M&A deals as well as Private Equity and Venture Capital investments. Jan offers particular experience with transactions in the Renewable Energy sector. As a Legal Tech Fellow, Jan Schürmann is jointly responsible for DLA Piper's Legal Tech strategy in Germany.
- Advising Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG on the sale of Docufy GmbH.
- Advising an international infrastructure fund on the sale of a 180MW German and French solar and wind portfolio.
- Advising a Germany-based RegTech provider on several domestic and international add-on acquisitions.
- Advising an international consortium including a foreign pension fund on the acquisition of a 400MW German offshore wind farm.
- Advising an international infrastructure fund on the sale of a 140MW onshore wind portfolio in Germany.
- Higher Regional Court of Celle, Second State Examination, 2018
- Bucerius Law School, First State Examination, 2016
- 2019 to 2021 – Associate in the Hamburg office of an international law firm, special focus on M&A transactions in the renewable energy sector
- 2016 to 2017 – trainee lawyer with a Hamburg based law firm of insolvency administrators