Sophie von MandelslohShe/herSenior Associate
Sophie von Mandelsloh practices in the area of corporate law / M&A.
She focuses on advising domestic and international clients on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures in both national and cross-border transactions, on market entries as well as on general corporate matters.
Her clients are operating, inter alia, in the areas of technology, life sciences, chemicals, manufacturing and automotive and aviation.Prior to joining DLA Piper's Hamburg office as an associate in 2017, she has spent part of her legal clerkship working at DLA Piper’s offices in Atlanta, GA (US).
- Advising Dutch Highberg group on its acquisition of Schickler Consulting, focused on the field of strategic- and data-based consulting as well as data science subscription services.
- Advising Tentamus Group inter alia on investments in Lambda Científica and Actitum, leading analytical laboratories in the pharmaceutical sector in Mexico, and Megsan Labs, a provider of analytical testing services for the pharmaceutical industry headquartered in Hyderabad, India.
- Advising Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG on the sale of software provider DOCUFY GmbH, Bamberg, to Elvaston Capital Management.
- Advising KRAHN Chemie Group inter alia on the acquisition of a majority stake in six companies from Jollis AB & Partners, based in Sweden, the UK and Spain, and the corresponding establishment of KRAHN Nordics AB.
- Advising Bauer Media Group on the acquisition of majority stakes in the white label Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform providers Mono Solutions (Denmark, UK and US) and Camilyo Online Ltd. (Israel).
- Advising Samsung Electronics on its investment in Verimi GmbH.
- Advising India/US-based HCL Technologies on its acquisition of the German-based IT and engineering services provider H&D International Group.
- Advising global technology solutions provider Avnet, Inc. on the acquisition of Softweb Solutions, Inc. and Priya Softweb Solutions Pvt. Ltd., a software development and technology consulting company focusing on Artificial Intelligence and IoT software solutions located in the US and India.
- Advising leading supply chain software provider JDA Software Inc. on its acquisition of Blue Yonder GmbH, one of the leading providers of artificial intelligence (AI) solutions in retail.
- Advising James Hardie Industries on its acquisition of Xella's subsidiary Fermacell, a manufacturer of gypsum fibreboards.
- Higher Regional Court of Schleswig-Holstein, Second State Examination, 2016
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, München, First State Examination, 2014
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Sophie completed her legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Schleswig-Holstein. As part of her legal clerkship, she has worked, inter alia, with DLA Piper in Atlanta, GA (US) and Hamburg.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Capvis on the acquisition of a majority stake in Schurter Group
20 January 2023 .2 minute read