Edouard Sarrazin's practice focuses on both French and European competition law as well as distribution law and commercial law advice.
Edouard possesses a wealth of experience, with particular knowledge of contentious competition matters, most notably in the context of cartels.
His experience in this area encompasses related practical issues such as optimizing the use of economists and lobbyists, as well as those raised by the frequently multi-jurisdictional nature of such cases (class actions, the use of blocking statutes, and the criminal responsibility of directors and employees).
His practice also comprises advising on unilateral practices and anti-competitive agreements.
Equally, he has significant experience advising industrial and private equity clients on merger control matters in a broad range of sectors, in particular transport. His expertise encompasses all aspects of procedure (due diligence, assessment of merger notification obligations, contractual analysis and competition assessment), the preparation and submission of notifications under French and EU law, the coordination of local lawyers when multi-jurisdictional notifications are required, and representing third-parties wishing to contest the approval of a transaction.
- Notably, he advised a major player in the air transport sector on an international cartel inquiry in the air freight sector conducted by a number of antitrust authorities worldwide (including the US department of Justice and the European Commission)
- Université Paris II DEA in European law
- University of London (Queen Mary and Westfield College) LL.M in European competition law
- Best Lawyers – Competition / Antitrust Law – 2018-23
- Legal 500 – EU, Competition and distribution – Tier 3 – 2022-23
- “Digital Guide: industry-specific analyses of artificial intelligence, 27 January 2023”
- « Le Guide 3 du Numérique analyse sectorielle de l’intelligence artificielle », 6 October 2022 »
- European Commission publishes long-awaited updated regulation and guidelines on vertical agreements, 18 August 2021
- “Competition Policy & Digital Transformation: the issue of data”, DLA Piper Digital Guide: Impact on Sectors, Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires (LJA), April 2019
- “Politique de concurrence & transformation numérique : la question de la data”, Livre blanc : Le numérique et ses déclinaisons sectorielles, Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires (LJA), March 2019
- “Doing business in France”, Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, February 2019
- Conference: M&A Conference DLA Piper: October 2019
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Société Générale on Joint Venture with Mitsubishi HC Capital Group
20 February 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises the Renault Group in connection with its divestment program in Central,...
13 February 2023 .2 minute read