Alanna Hasek advises on all aspects of real estate transactions with particular focus on investment acquisitions and disposals, big ticket leasing transactions and corporate structured real estate work. In addition to the traditional areas of real estate, she has strong credentials in alternative asset classes such as data centres, student accommodation and film studios.
Alanna qualified as a solicitor in 2010 and was recognised by the City of London Solicitors' Company as the trainee solicitor showing most promise in 2010.
Alanna is co-chair of DLA’s UK Leadership Alliance for Women, a network designed to strengthen the leadership and influence of women and was recently recognized by the Estates Gazette as a Future Female Leader. She actively looks for ways to use technology to streamline real estate deals and a transaction she led won the Real Estate Team of the Year in the Legal Business Awards 2018 for its innovative use of technology.
- A US entertainment company on taking 241,201 square feet of stage, office and warehouse space across 117 properties (split into 9 leases) at Pinewood Studies. This transaction was one of the largest letting transactions of 2019 with annual rents of over GBP50 million.
- Shaftesbury Plc on the portfolio management of several of their West End villages including the acquisition, vacant possession strategy, redevelopment and letting of its mixed use scheme at Central Cross, London.
- Shaftesbury Plc on the property aspects of the refinance and bond issue secured against over GBP500 million of property within its Chinatown portfolio.
- Oval Real Estate on the acquisition of a portfolio of over 50 properties within a 5 week timetable - a transaction which won the Real Estate Team of the Year in the Legal Business Awards 2018.
- AXA Investment Managers on its bid and successful acquisition of a EUR1,1 billion Pan-European office portfolio. The transaction involved taking a NY Listed REIT private and required the team to work across the UK, Luxembourg, Germany, France and the US in a competitive bid situation.
- Boston Consulting Group on the relocation of its London HQ with the letting of space at Derwent’s 80 Charlotte Street development with an initial rent of GBP10,6 million per annum.
- A global financial business on its business critical outsourcing of data centre provision including drafting and negotiating the framework agreement/agreement for lease, lease/data centre services agreement, rights of pre-emption and options.
- A financial institution on a business critical outsourcing of data centre provision including drafting and negotiating the lease/data centre services agreement.
- Harrison Street Real Estate Capital on its joint venture with GSA to acquire a 350-bed student accommodation investment in central London.
- A sovereign wealth fund on its bid for the iQ Student Accommodation portfolio in the largest ever private real estate transaction as at 2020.
- University of Bristol, BA (Hons) in French and German
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises MEAG, Infranity and DigitalBridge on EUR2.5 bn Investment Partnership...
31 October 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises Green Mountain on acquisition of London data centre
28 June 2022 .2 minute read