Mónika Horváth is a qualified Hungarian solicitor who has been involved in numerous international and domestic IT and IP related transactions, litigations and commercial matters. She has been involved in international mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and compliance projects. She has advised major technology companies, on line retail companies, software developers and on demand content providers.
Her main focus is providing legal support for film productions. She became the go-to lawyer for film industry players in Hungary. She has top-drawer portfolio of film industry clients, film production and financing projects. She has been involved in international productions, advising on the structuring and the financing aspects of film productions and providing legal representation and advice in day-to-day production issues. Her clientele includes all major US film studios, US, UK and European producers, international banks and film finance companies, as well as Hungarian producers and production service companies. Mónika also focuses on IP issues, in particular on copyright matters.
- Hungarian counsel for the production of the Oscar winning motion picture “Dune” remake in Hungary and in several international locations.
- Hungarian counsel for several international co-productions producing in Hungary (Mrs. Harries, SAS Red Notice, Ransom S2-3, Infinity Pool).
- Hungarian legal counsel for production and financing of international television productions in Hungary (The Witcher, The Last Kingdom S1-5, James Town S1-3, Continental, Jack Ryan S3-4, Shadow & Bone S1-2).
- Advising in respect of a business transfer transaction by representing an international on line retail company in restructuring its online business in Hungary and within the CEE region.
- Advising an international online retail company on all aspects of integrating and merging its business with the biggest Hungarian online retail company and market place. As a result of this transaction the merged company became one of the most important online retail company in the Cenral-European region.
- Providing an over all redraft of the Hungarian Motion Pictures Act for the request of the Hungarian Film office.
- Academy of American and International Law, Postgraduate Course, 1992
- Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Law, J.D., 1985-1990
Rankings and Awards