Co-Chair, Capital Markets and Public Company Advisory Practice
Era Anagnosti is a capital markets partner with distinguished government and private practice experience, including more than 10 years with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). As part of her core practice, she regularly advises public companies in their SEC reporting obligations and corporate governance matters. Era has extensive experience on a large variety of disclosure and compliance matters under the US federal securities laws, resolving complex and bespoke securities laws questions through innovative and practical approaches. As part of her transactional practice, she represents issuers and underwriters in a broad array of capital market transactions, including initial public offerings (IPOs), de-SPAC transactions, tender offers, spin-offs, rights offerings and follow-on offerings.
Given her extensive SEC experience, clients often seek her help to guide them through regulatory changes as well as engagement with the regulator. During her time at the SEC, Era served in various roles in the Division of Corporation Finance (Corp Fin), including in the role of Acting Assistant Director of the Office of Finance and as Legal Branch Chief. She also gained significant experience handling the review of many public company filings across different industries and was a key contributor to a number of the division's cross-disciplinary task forces, including the Office of Chief Counsel's Shareholder Proposal Task Force.
As a Fintech lawyer, she regularly advises clients on cutting-edge securities matters in Fintech regarding compliance with federal and state securities laws, in which her experience extends to blockchain, digital assets, decentralized finance and non-fungible tokens, among other asset classes. While at the SEC, Era managed Corp Fin's review program for all token offerings.
- Represented a blank check company on its US$172.5 million initial public offering and on its acquisition of a leading digital content platform.
- Represented a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), sponsored by a Chicago-based private equity firm, on its business combination with a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field with an expected pro forma, fully diluted equity value of approximately US$4 billion.
- Represented a SPAC, sponsored by a Chicago-based private equity firm, in its US$2.1 billion business combination with a technology platform for the management of digital assets.
- Represented a leading Turkish e-commerce platform in its US$780 million IPO of 65,251,000 American Depositary Shares representing Class B ordinary shares, including secondary and green-shoe components, on the Nasdaq. This IPO marked the first IPO by a Turkish company on Nasdaq.
- Represented a blank check company incorporated as a Delaware corporation whose business purpose is to effect a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization or other similar business combination with one or more businesses on its US$150 million initial public offering.
- Represented a SPAC in its US$1.5 billion business combination with a UK-based, leading provider of sports data and technology powering the sports, betting and media ecosystem.
- Represented a North American public utility holding company in the acquisition of the remaining stake in one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power assets and energy transportation and storage in Mexico in an approximately US$5.81 billion deal. The deal consisted of a stock-for-stock exchange and resulted in the North American public utility holding company being listed on the Mexican stock exchange.
- Represented a blank check company in its US$550 million business combination with a leading manufacturer of zinc hybrid cathode battery energy storage systems.
- Represented two global investment banks in a full-stack insurance provider's US$367 million initial public offering of 12,650,000 shares of common stock on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented the investment bank in a follow-on offering by a financial services company on the New York Stock Exchange.
- L.L.M., Temple University Beasley School of Law
- G.D.L., University of Tirana, Albania
- Speaker, "How to mitigate CFTC and SEC risks - Blockchain and Digital Assets", DLA Piper webinar, October 23, 2023
Era started her legal career as a corporate lawyer in Silicon Valley, where she represented a large number of emerging companies through their natural lifecycle, from formation all the way through various financing rounds, including IPOs and M&A exits. Prior to her time at the SEC, Era also worked as an associate in the M&A group of DLA Piper's Washington, DC office.
My latest insights
How to mitigate CFTC and SEC risks – Blockchain and Digital Assets
23 October 2023 .2 minute read