Caroline Pimpaud has a strong experience in corporate and investment funds laws. She has advised major private equity firms and asset managers on complex cross border transactions.
She focuses on the structuring and formation of Luxembourg domiciled and non-Luxembourg domiciled alternative investment funds under the form of regulated or non-regulated vehicles for private equity, venture capital, real estate, debt and infrastructure asset managers, as well as for major insurance companies. Caroline is assisting clients on all legal aspects of the funds formation as well as on the negotiation of the contractual relationships with the service providers. She supports clients in their need for legal and regulatory compliance advice on a day-to day basis.
Caroline also advises investors on their investment fund review for their investments in Luxembourg based investment funds and in their negotiations with fund managers.
- Advising a European insurance company with consolidated assets of approximately EUR 15 billion, on the structuring, implementation and launch of a Luxembourg multi-compartments and multi-strategies reserved alternative investment fund (RAIF).
- Advising a privately-held real estate investment management firm with USD 20.2 billion in assets under management, recently admitted on the NYSE, on the structuring, establishment and launch of parallel fund structures in Luxembourg, co-investing with their US based investment funds.
- Advising a private venture capital firm focused on late-stage and early growth technology companies in the food and agricultural sector on the structuring, establishment and launch of an impact fund dedicated to investments in early stage and later stage businesses and targeting a size of USD 200 million.
- Advising an asset manager on the structuring and launching of several Luxembourg-based investment funds with a private debt strategy.
- Advising co-investors on the structuring and negotiations of a co-investment vehicle investing in a target specialised in road concessions and maintenance services.
- Advising on their investment fund review for their investment in Luxembourg based private equity, real estate or infrastructure investment funds on a regular basis.
- Advising a Korean sovereign wealth fund on its investment in a Luxembourg investment fund investing in logistics and industrial warehouse real estate and real estate related assets and negotiated the terms of the investment with the fund manager, including the side letter.
Admission to the French Bar exam, HEDAC, Lawyer School, Versailles, France 2008.
Master's Degree in Corporate Law, University School of Law, France 2008.
Master's degree in Management with specialization in Tax and Law, EDHEC Business School, France 2008.
- Caroline Pimpaud is described by her clients as “very responsive, providing clear guidance, and helping understand market practices and how they’ll impact business.” The Legal 500 EMEA (2021)
- Video about private equity funds with the LPEA in December 2021
- Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation – Are you ready?, February 2021
- 2021 - to date: Partner, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2019-21: Counsel, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2010-19: International Law Firm, Luxembourg
- 2007-09: Legal trainee, various firms, Luxembourg/Paris
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Private Equity/Venture Capital committee of the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI)
- Member of the Legal committee of the Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (LPEA)
- Member of the Private Equity Women Club of the Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (LPEA)
- Regularly provide training sessions on Private Equity topics with the House of Training (Luxembourg)
My latest insights
Law – Modernization of the Luxembourg Investment Funds Toolbox
26 July 2023 .7 minute read
DLA Piper advises MOD, PFR and PFR Ventures on investment in NATO Innovation Fund
17 July 2023 .3 minute read