Laura SmitShe/herSenior Associate
Laura Smit is a Corporate M&A lawyer with over 10 years experience advising national and international clients on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. She is involved in strategic mergers and acquisitions, private equity, management buy-outs, joint ventures, reorganisations and general corporate law. Laura has a specific focus on transactions within the technology and media/advertising spaces.
In 2016 Laura was seconded at DLA Piper London for six months, where she worked extensively on UK law governed M&A transactions and private equity. In 2022 Laura was seconded to the legal team of FedEx Express' headquarters in the Netherlands for five months where she advised on and negotiated a variety of commercial contracts for the business.
She has a leading role in DLA Piper's Netherlands Tech Sector Group and is part of the Retail Sector and Private Equity Groups.
- Advising Box Inc., a cloud content management services company, on its acquisition of SignRequest, a cloud-based electronic signature company.
- Advising Ocean Outdoor on the acquisitions of leading DOOH-companies in the Netherlands (including Interbest, Ngage Media and Beyond Outdoor).
- Advising The Carlyle Group on various acquisitions, including Dept Agency and several hotel portfolio’s.
- Advising Chinese Eastern Airlines on its investment in Air France-KLM.
- Advising ForFarmers on various transactions.
- Advising UGI Corporation on the acquisition of De Vrije Energie Producent.
- Advising NPM Capital on its investment in Suitsupply.
- Advising Perusa Partners on the acquisition of Xindao Group.
- Advising Synergia Capital on various investments and exits, including the sale of The Artisan Food Company (Boboli) to Gilde Equity Management.
- Advising a major international bank and Rabo Investments on the sale of INVE Aquaculture to Benchmark.
- Women Leadership Programme 2019
- Grotius Academy, Corporate Law, 2017
- Law Firm School, 2013
Leiden University, LL.M. Corporate law and Intellectual Property, 2011