Jeffrey P. ZanchelliPartner
Jeff Zanchelli represents real estate fund sponsors and other real estate owners and operators in a variety of corporate transactions, including the formation and structuring of real estate private equity funds, management entities and joint ventures. Jeff also concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate, finance and partnership law and US federal taxation, with an emphasis in real estate capital markets.
Jeff represents clients on a wide range of transactional matters, including the formation of domestic and international real estate private equity funds, structuring of real estate related joint venture acquisitions, private and public REIT transactions, and other corporate and capital market transactions. Jeff also represents clients in negotiations with existing and prospective investors, joint venture partners and service providers.
Jeff has worked with various property types, including industrial, office, senior housing, multi-family and student housing. He has represented non-US clients with respect to inbound real estate investments throughout the United States, and US clients focused on real estate investment opportunities throughout Canada, Europe and the United Kingdom.
- LL.M., Taxation, Northwestern University
- J.D., Northern Illinois University
summa cum laude
- B.A., History, DePauw University
- The Legal 500 United States
- Band 4, Private Equity Funds (including Venture Capital) (2023)
- Co-author, "IRS Partially Revokes Previously Issued Private Letter Ruling on Percentage Rent," LexisNexis Practical Guidance (March 2022)
- Moderator, "Third Year's the Charm: Will Real Estate Deliver Alpha in 2023?," Real Estate Midwest Forum (April 2023)
- Panelist, "Fundraising Best Practices for Small-Medium Sized Funds," Winter Forum On Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund Investing (January 2022)