Juan Aquino VidalAssociate
Juan Aquino primarily advises clients on corporate, commercial and real estate law matters, including mergers and acquisitions, project financing and development, equity and debt financing, commercial lending, structured financing, and secured transactions.
He also advises clients on corporate governance matters and in the organization of business entities in Puerto Rico.
In the past, he has served as the corporate secretary to the audit committees of various investment companies that offer shares in mutual funds exclusively to individuals and businesses that reside in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- Counsel to purchaser in US $40 million acquisition of a medical practice management company
- Counsel to purchaser in US $18.5 million acquisition of consumer goods distributor
- Counsel to private equity fund in the more than US $250 million acquisition of Puerto Rico billboard company
- Counsel to borrower in US $12.5 million financing in connection with acquisition of consumer goods com-pany
- Counsel to borrower in US $40 million financing in connection with acquisition of a medical practice man-agement company
- Counsel to purchaser in the acquisition of a cargo logistics company based in Florida
- Represented Seller in the sale of a Spanish language streaming network available in the US in exchange, in part, for several local Puerto Rico radio stations
- Represented the lender in a US $30 million credit facility for the re-opening and re-development of a pharmaceutical facility in Puerto Rico
- Represented the borrower in a US $32 million construction loan for the development of a luxury residential condominium in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Formed part of the team that represented a leading global solar independent power producer (IPP), in the sale of its interest in its Puerto Rico solar operations
- Represented one of the largest privately-owned tower and wireless infrastructure companies in the U.S. in the collateralization of its income receivables stemming from Puerto Rico-based towers, including, but not limited to, the collateralization of the receivables of its real property rights stemming from such Puerto Rico-based towers
- Represented a publicly listed global provider of wireless communications infrastructure in the cancellation of all real property liens on certain income receivables of its Puerto Rico based towers
- Represented an academic institution in the financing of a US $72 million new school campus funded, in part, with New Market Tax Credits
- Represented the lender in a bridge loan for the re-development and re-modeling of one of Puerto Rico’s most iconic hotels, located in Fajardo, Puerto Rico
- Represented the lender in a subordinated-loan for the development of a 231 room hotel in the Isla Verde sector of Carolina, Puerto Rico
- J.D., University of Puerto Rico School of Law
- B.S., American University