Danny practices in the firm’s Government Contracts subgroup where he supports clients that do business with federal government agencies. Danny provides clients with regulatory counseling, compliance guidance, and support on internal investigations. Danny also has extensive experience on government contracts litigation matters before the US Government Accountability Office, the US Court of Federal Claims, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the US Small Business Administration's Office of Hearings and Appeals and the Boards of Contract Appeals.
Although Danny regularly works with traditional government contractors from the defense, aerospace, intelligence, and technology sectors, he focuses on supporting life sciences sector companies in the government contracting space, particularly companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and testing industries. In this capacity, Danny advises on contract formation issues, negotiations with suppliers and contract manufacturers, disputes with government suppliers, and complex international supply chain issues involving the Buy American Act and the Trade Agreements Act. Danny also has deep expertise on issues related to the Defense Production Act, including emergency and pandemic contracting. On all of these issues, Danny supports clients working with the Department of Health and Human Services, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), the National Institute of Health, the Defense Health Agency, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and various Department of Defense divisions involved in the procurement of critical health resources. Danny’s unique expertise supporting clients at the intersection of the life sciences sector and the government contracts market has received national recognition from Chambers and Partners who identify him as one of the country’s leading attorneys in this area.
Additionally, Danny has experience in international government contracting, including issues involving the World Trade Organization's Agreement on Government Procurement, the World Bank procurement system, Foreign Military Sales and Foreign Military Financing.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- J.D., George Washington University Law School
George Washington International Law Review
Mock Trial Board
Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
- B.A., Government, Psychology, Cornell University
- Named a Government Contracts Rising Star by Law360 (2023)
- Named a DC Rising Star by the National Law Journal (2023)
- Chambers USA
- Up and Coming, Nationwide Government Contracts (2022-2023)
- Associates to Watch, Nationwide Government Contracts (2021)
- Winner of the Burton Award (2016)
- Received the W. Gregor MacFarlan Award for Excellence in Contract Management Research and Writing (2013)
- Recognized for his achievements in the field of Government Contracts, as the recipient of the NCMA Outstanding Academic Achievement Award (2012)
- Selected as the "Best Overall Competitor" in the annual Government Contracts Moot Court competition while in law school
- Contributor, "Court of Federal Claims: Jurisdiction, Practice, and Procedure," Bloomberg BNA, 2016 (Co-Authored Chapter 32 "The Judgement Fund")
- Author, "Looking Beyond Accession: Challenges To Implementing the WTO GPA in China," Journal of Public Procurement, Volume 15, Issue 1, Spring 2015
- Author, "Cleaning Up China's Corrupt Construction Industry: E-Procurement and the Tender and Bidding Law," Journal of Contract Management, Summer 2013, Volume 11
- Co-Presenter, Delegation from Chinese Ministry of Finance, "Introduction to the U.S. Federal Procurement System," Falls Church, VA (December 2, 2013)
- Presenter, "Cleaning Up China’s Corrupt Construction Industry: Using E-Procurement Technologies to Remedy China's Problematic Construction Procurement Laws," 2013 NCMA World Congress, Nashville, Tennessee
- Quoted, "Amid Uncertainty, Foreign Contracting Could Bring Profits," Law360 (March 21, 2017)
- "Smart Cities Seen as Hotbeds for Dirty Deals," Nikkei Asian Review (November 23, 2014)
- "Mercom Wins Protest Over Erroneous $55B Contract Proposal," Law360 (September 24, 2014)
Memberships And Affiliations
- National Contract Management Association
- American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section
My latest insights
Secure, safe, and trustworthy: Common ground between the US AI Executive Order and the EU...
2 November 2023 .8 minute read
Safe, secure, and trustworthy: White House publishes Executive Order setting the...
31 October 2023 .25 minute read