Constantin Iscru PhDCounsel
Dr. Constantin Iscru advises on a wide range of financing transactions, including acquisition financing, securitization, fund financing, real estate financing, leveraged financing, restructuring and loan/high yield bond financing.
- Advising on acquisition finance, funds financings, real estate finance, syndicated and bilateral bank lending (LMA based, including governed by Luxembourg law or governed NY law documentation) and NY/Euro bonds financings.
- Acting for lenders and borrowers in cross-border and local transactions, as well as insolvency and restructuring, corporate law, securitisation and capital markets matters. Clients advised include international banks and operational companies, private equity funds and European international financial institutions (IFIs).
- Advising Carlson Travel, Inc. (CTI) on the restructuring of existing indebtedness, which included (i) an exchange offer, (ii) a consent solicitation, (iii) an issuance of rights offering units consisting of new notes and shares of common equity of a newly-created holding company, (iv) an equity contribution by CTI’s principal shareholder and (v) an amendment and restatement of CTI’s revolving credit facility.
- Advising a major German bank on the Luxembourg aspects of a German law governed EUR 282 million facility agreement to refinance/finance the acquisition of a real estate in Berlin, Germany.
- Advising an UK asset management firm which acted as arranger for a complex EUR 135m financing transaction, which involved a combination of direct financing and co-financing by a major UK bank of a leading Dutch real estate investment group for the purpose of financing/refinancing of the acquisition of real estate in the Netherlands.
- Advising FMO,the Dutch Development Bank, which acted as co-lender with Finnfund, on the Luxembourg aspects of a USD 20 million financing granted to MLR Forestal de Nicaragua for the purpose of financing the continuing operation of its agro-forestry activities in Nicaragua.
- Advising Kleos Space S.A., secured convertible note deed poll with Kleos Space S.A. as issuer and regarding the different pledge agreements provided by Kleos Space S.A. to Evolution Capital Advisors PTY LTD as security agent.
- Paris Bar School (EFB), 2009
- University Lyon III, DPhil in comparative law, 2007
- University of Oxford, Master's degree in Legal research, 2005
University Lyon III , Master's (postgrad) degree in International Business Law, 2004
University Lyon III , Master's (postgrad) degree in Business Law, 2003
University Paris I Sorbonne, Master's (undergrad) degree in European law, 2002
Constantin has contributed to different works:
- “Security Tokens – Legal Aspects” – Luxembourg Private Equity Association
- “Protection of debtors on assignment under English and French law and the Principles of European Contract Law” – MSt thesis, University of Oxford, 2008
- “Assignment of claims under French and English law” – DPhil Thesis, University Lyon III, 2007
- 2019 to date: Counsel, DLA Piper, Luxembourg
- 2010-18: Senior Associate, a global law firm, Luxembourg
- 2008-09: Internships with a major European asset management company, Paris; a global law firm, Paris; and a global biopharmaceutical company, Paris
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Luxembourg Private Equity Association – LPEA
- Member of the Oxford University Society of Luxembourg