Your global partner throughout the fund lifecycle
Successful representation of investment managers and fund sponsors takes knowledge and experience – across legal disciplines and geographies.
Based in key jurisdictions around the world, including New York, Dallas, Chicago, Austin, San Francisco, Seattle, Philadelphia, Boston, Los Angeles, London, Luxembourg, Ireland and Hong Kong, we’re positioned to guide you at every stage of the fund lifecycle.
The effective formation and management of investment funds means navigating the complex interaction between international and domestic tax, corporate, and securities law – including the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, and the Investment Company, Investment Advisers and Securities Exchange Acts.
We’ve helped hundreds of fund sponsors form many hundreds of funds. Of all sizes, in a wide range of industries, and across the full spectrum of business strategies and asset types.
Our clients include investment management firms, alternative asset groups of international financial institutions, privately held advisors with billions of dollars under management, smaller investment firms, and emerging managers. We’re particularly recognized for our high-quality advice on real estate, energy, and infrastructure funds, and our ground-breaking work on credit funds.
“They have a deep bench of experienced individuals and a wealth of knowledge from the broad base of clientele.”
With our leading Investor Representation group representing clients with trillions of dollars under management and completing over 2,000 fund investments annually, we’ll give you unparalleled insights into current investment fund terms and future trends.
We support you throughout the full fund lifecycle. From structuring, establishment, marketing, and advising with respect to daily operations through wind-up – we provide global coverage for all of your fund-related needs.
We can also help you with managed accounts and other custom investment products; house arrangements, carry/performance compensation splits and sharing, and employment issues; sponsor seed and stake investments; and investment advisor M&A and joint venture transactions.
Wherever your fund, whatever its strategy and however large, we have the market knowledge and technical experience to provide first-class, seamless support.
Awards and recognition
Our practice is widely recognized by Chambers and Legal 500, and we’re one of the few firms in the world ranked by Chambers for both fund formation and investor representation:
- Top ranked for Investment Funds: Investor Representation – Chambers Global 2022
- Top ranked for Investment Funds: Investor Representation, Nationwide – Chambers USA 2022
- Top ranked for Investment Funds: Investor Representation, UK-wide – Chambers UK 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds: Hedge Funds, Asia-Pacific Region – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds, Luxembourg – Chambers Global 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds, Luxembourg – Chambers Europe 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds: Private Equity, Asia-Pacific Region – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds, Australia – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022
- Ranked for Real Estate Investment Trusts – Chambers USA 2022
- Ranked for Private Equity Fund Formation, Nationwide – Chambers Global 2023
- Ranked for Private Equity Fund Formation, Nationwide – Chambers USA 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds – Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds – Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- Ranked for Investment Funds: Fund Finance – Legal 500 UK 2022
- Ranked for Real Estate: Investment – Legal 500 UK 2022
- Ranked for Investment Fund Formation and Management: Private Equity Funds (Including Venture Capital), Nationwide – Legal 500 USA 2022