Jorge Luiz B. GalloPartner
Jorge Luiz B. Gallo is a partner in Campos Mello Advogados' Corporate practice, based in São Paulo.
Jorge has experience in domestic and international capital markets transactions, project finance work and contractual matters. He has advised on issues involving the negotiation and preparation of documents related to capital markets transactions (eg MTN Programmes, IPOs and Issuance of Bonds), credit assignment agreements, loan agreements, credit facility agreements and project finance.
Jorge has also advised on matters involving sports law and sports financing, including the financing of stadiums and infrastructure for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, the preparation and negotiation of several transfer agreements involving Brazilian football players, and has advised on claims before the Federation International Football Association (FIFA) regarding solidarity mechanism and training compensation for the players.
Jorge also works in Traffic Sports and has a broad knowledge and experience in structured and complex transactions involving sports law, advising soccer clubs and agency companies in corporate reorganization, M&A transactions, securitization of receivables and issuing opinions related to several subjects including restrictions for assignment of economic rights and rights related to the solidarity mechanism and reduction of athletes’ salary during the pandemic.
Recent editions of Chambers Latin America recognized Jorge as a leading individual in Banking & Finance, earning strong praise from market participants: "He is available 24 hours a day and is very objective" and "he knows to adapt operations to the client's needs."
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- M.B.A., Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa (INSPER) 2016
- LL.M., Sports Law, Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Desportivo 2010
- LL.M., Corporate Law, Fundação Getúlio Vargas 2010
- Chambers Brazil: Transactional
- Band 5, Brazil Banking & Finance (2023)
- Chambers Latin America
- Associate to Watch, Brazil Banking & Finance (2016-2019)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
- Next Generation Partner, Brazil Banking and Finance (2022)
- Recommended, Brazil Capital Markets (2022)
- Next Generation Partner, Brazil Banking and Finance (2018-2021)
- Recommended, Brazil Capital Markets (2019-2021)
- Recommended, Brazil Banking and Finance (2017)
- IFLR 1000: "Rising Star" and Recommended Lawyer in Banking, Project Finance, Merger and Acquisition (2016-2021)
- IFLR 1000: Highly Regarded Lawyer in Banking and M&A, and Notable Practitioner in Capital markets: Debt and Project Finance (2016-2023)
- "Naked Short-Selling," Latin Lawyer
- Co-author, "Brazil: Private Equity (2nd Edition)," The Legal 500: Private Equity 2nd Edition Country Comparative Guide, January 2020
Excellence and Relationship
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro Chapters
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
20 December 2022 .4 minute read
Campos Mello Advogados advises 777 Partners in the acquisition of 70 percent share of...
5 September 2022 .2 minute read