Patrick Lightbown has a broad practice covering securitisation and structured finance, derivatives and debt capital markets transactions.
He works on public and private transactions across a range of asset classes and jurisdictions.Patrick has represented market participants including arrangers, investors, issuers and originators.
- Advising Deutsche Bank as arranger in relation to the securitisation of a portfolio of overdue electricity receivables by Public Power Corporation S.A.- the state-owned, largest electric power company in Greece- with up to EUR 325,000,000 in senior funding being provided.
- Advising a financial institution as swap counterparty in providing interest rate hedging into a range of warehousing and public securitisation transactions in the UK and the Netherlands.
- Advising Polish leasing fund Europejski Fundusz Leasingowy as Seller on the securitisation of a lease receivables portfolio with a value of nearly PLN 2.2 billion.
- Advising Frontera Capital Group Limited, as arranger, on over 15 series of credit linked notes issued by Dutch SPVs providing credit exposure to sovereigns and corporates in emerging markets such as Azerbaijan, Paraguay, Malawi, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Zimbabwe.
- Advising Deutsche Bank as arranger in relation to the public securitisation of a EUR 250,000,000 auto-loan portfolio originated by Portuguese company 321 Crédito - Instituição Financeira de Crédito.
- Providing pro bono advice to KOIS- an impact investment and finance advisory firm- in relation to the first tranche of a Development Impact Bond ("DIB") for Syrian refugees in Jordan and Lebanon. The DIB will fund a micro-enterprise creation programme delivered by the Near East Foundation to help refugees and vulnerable host communities. Over four years the first tranche will support 4,380 refugee and host population trainees and provide 3,400 business start-up grants in Jordan.
- Advising the originator and seller on the securitisation of an operational lease portfolio with receivables arising in nine jurisdictions across Europe. The transaction was awarded Simple, Transparent and Standardised (STS) status.
- Advising a UK-based platform lender on a private warehouse securitisation of loans originated in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland with senior funding of up to £225,000,000 being provided by a UK financial institution.
- The University of Law, LPC MSc in Law, Business and Management, 2017
- The University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2016
- University of Durham, History (BA Hons), 2014
Patrick has been recommended in Legal 500 for his work on Derivatives and Structured Products:
"Steven Krivinskas and associate Patrick Lightbown ‘provide consistently high-quality work and are very responsive and commercial‘", Legal 500, UK 2023.
"Marcus Lovatt and Patrick Lightbown are able to bring the balance of sound advice to assist in the management of risks with the practical overlay to ensure that transactions are delivered that will work mechanically for all parties involved. They are dedicated in their approach and are highly available, confident yet polite in negotiations as well as creative and pointed in drafting to allow them to implement client wishes and meet transaction deadlines.", Legal 500, UK 2022.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises VEHIS on raising PLN 1.3 billion in debt financing – the first warehouse...
13 September 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą VEHIS przy pozyskaniu finansowania o wartości ponad 1,3 mld PLN –...
13 September 2022 .1 minute read