Antonio LombardoSenior Partner
Antonio Lombardo has gained significant experience in finance law, advising leading financial institutions in corporate lending structured finance, acquisition finance and other finance and restructuring matters.
He is engaged in domestic and international M&A, distressed M&A, corporate private equity and venture capital transactions.He is also involved in international projects such as cross-border acquisitions and financings, joint ventures and public bids.
Antonio is a frequent speaker at conferences and events in Italy and abroad on restructuring, distressed M&A and cross border transactions.
He is regularly present with interviews and comments in leading national newspapers.
He is qualified to practice before the higher courts in Italy.
- Advised a credit insurance Italian leading company in the transfer of ownership between two institutional players, for a total purchase value of €4.2 billion.
- Assisted an insurance broker in the acquisition of a majority stake in an insurtech scaleup operating as a digital broker and technology enabler in the EU, UK, US and Far East.
- Advised a pool of 16 leading national and international banks in the granting of three loans with ESG features to a listed Italian industrial group for a total amount of approximately €2.8 billion.
- Assisted a leading bank in restructuring the financial debt of an international hotel group, granting €477 million in new financing and rescheduling €1.2 billion in debt.
- Advised a well-known Italian clothing and accessories chain in a restructuring process in relation to which the debtor was admitted to extraordinary administration pursuant to Legislative Decree 270/1999.
- Assisted a pool of financial creditors in the renegotiation of the debt exposure of a footwear retailer in Italy.
- Law degree, University of Rome LUISS Guido Carli.