Andhari SidhartaAn-da-ree See-dar-taShe/herSenior Associate
Andhari Sidharta has a broad-based corporate practice focusing on cross-border corporate transactions throughout APAC including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, international debt capital markets and general corporate matters. She regularly represents public and private companies, including financial institutions, investment banks, global insurers, private equity firms, venture capital groups and strategic investors in a variety of cross-border transactions across a range of industries, including:
- Financial services (including FinTech)
- Life sciences
- Consumer goods and retail
Dual-qualified in New York and Indonesia, Andhari has extensive experience advising on transactions governed by New York law and Indonesian law. She is multilingual, and drafts and negotiates confidently in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
As a core member of the firm’s Indonesia practice, Andhari frequently helps multinational clients navigate current and emerging regulations applicable to their proposed transactions in Indonesia. Drawing on her sophisticated regulatory knowledge and in-depth experience, she provides comprehensive counselling on the clients’ proposed Indonesian operations including on foreign investment regimes and merger controls, joint ventures and licensing requirements particularly for companies operating in regulated sectors such as financial services, insurance and telecommunications.
Andhari is a member of the firm’s W&I team. She routinely advises reputable W&I insurers in Southeast Asia in the underwriting of W&I policies in connection with M&A transactions in the region.
In addition to her corporate practice, Andhari is committed to help clients on a pro bono basis. Her pro bono work includes advising the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations that works to promote and protect human rights, on their research on prison reform measures in Indonesia.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Andhari worked in prestigious international law firms in Jakarta, London and Singapore.
- Advising CVS Health and Aetna on a range of complex corporate/M&A considerations in various jurisdictions in Asia linked to their USD 69 billion merger.
- Advising on the establishment by PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero), an Indonesian state-owned infrastructure financing company, of a USD 2 billion EMTN programme and the issuance of USD 300 million notes under such programme which were listed on the SGX.
- Advising a global PE firm on its USD 770 million acquisition of an Indonesian department store chain.
- Advising a global investment bank as arranger and purchaser in respect of FC Barcelona’s EUR 595 million US private placement notes of various series.
- Advising NASDAQ-listed Laureate Education on the auction sale of INTI University and Colleges in Malaysia for USD 140 million.
- Advising Laureate Education on the auction sale of Stamford International University in Thailand for USD 28 million.
- Advising an Australian venture capital group on its acquisition of a digital healthcare service provider in Singapore.
- Advising on the establishment by one of the largest Indonesian banks of a USD 1 billion certificates of deposit programme to be issued via its Singapore branch.
- Advising Aflac Incorporated, a US insurer, on its USD 20 million minority investment in Singapore Life, a digital life insurance company based in Singapore.
- Advising a UK-based insurance broker on its USD 15 million joint venture in Indonesia.
- Advising a New York PE firm on its USD 10 million acquisition of shoe insole manufacturing business in Indonesia.
- Advising a global technology services provider, HCL Technologies, and its American subsidiary, HCL America Inc., on the issue of USD 500 million senior unsecured notes due in 2026 under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Advising ASX-listed financial technology company, Zip Co Limited, on the issuance of its AUD 400 million senior convertible notes due in 2028.
- Advising a New York venture capital firm on its USD 16 million investment in a Singapore FinTech company.
- Advising HKEX-listed logistics company on its proposed joint venture in the Philippines.
- Bahasa Melayu
- Stanford Law School, LLM, 2016
- University of Indonesia Law School, LLB, 2010
- DLA Piper advises Hinduja Global Solutions on USD1.2 billion sale of its healthcare business
- DLA Piper advises Zip on its AUD400 million convertible notes offering
- DLA Piper advises Avation Plc on complex five year bond extension
- DLA Piper advises HCL Technologies on USD500m senior notes issue in highest ever rated credit from India
Prior to joining DLA Piper, she worked in leading international law firms in Jakarta, London and Singapore.
Pro Bono Co-Coordinator for DLA Piper Singapore and has consistently committed more than 50 pro bono hours every year.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI)
- New York Bar Association