Kirsty Simpson is a director in the Litigation and Regulatory team at DLA Piper South Africa.
She has vast experience in all aspects of commercial litigation and alternate dispute resolution (including expert determination, mediation and both domestic and international arbitration). Kirsty provides practical advice and strategic insight into litigious or potentially litigious matters, with a view to effective management and resolution, or avoidance, of disputes.
She has experience in matters relating to contracts, delict, unjustified enrichment, shareholder disputes, director disputes, distressed companies, franchising, consumer law, banking and procurement. Kirsty also has experience in all aspects of administrative law and constitutional litigation.
Over the years, she has represented numerous listed and unlisted national, foreign and multi-national clients including in the natural resources, construction and engineering, hospitality, food and beverages, property and banking sectors.
Kirsty has appeared in various courts and arbitral forums nationally and internationally, with resultant experience in cross-border litigation and arbitration proceedings pertaining to projects implemented and/or legal proceedings seated on the African continent. She also appears in administrative tribunals and enquiries and meetings in business rescue and liquidation proceedings.
- Rhodes University, BA
- Rhodes University, LLB, cum laude
- Rhodes University, LLM, cum laude
- Best Lawyers in South Africa (Litigation) 2022 edition
Memberships And Affiliations
- Registered arbitrator with the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa (AFSA)
- (AFSA) International committee member
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Members of the Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
My latest insights
DLA Piper builds its ranking in “Best Lawyers” 2022 South Africa edition
11 November 2021 .1 minute read