Philip C. SvahnOf Counsel
Phil Svahn represents US and foreign institutional investors, funds of funds and financial institutions on their investments in alternative assets. He focuses on private market transactions and has extensive experience with comingled funds, single investor funds, funds of funds, co-investments, and direct investments.
Phil is also experienced in investors' internal compliance matters, advisory board matters, fund structuring and dissolution, Investment Company Act and Investment Advisers Act matters, and as well as other statutory, regulatory and policy matters applicable to institutional investors.
He regularly works with clients on investments in domestic and foreign real estate, energy, infrastructure, private equity, and venture capital funds and accounts, including strategic funds, funds of one, global program, and co-investment funds.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law
Order of the Coif
magna cum laude
- M.P.A., Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
- B.A., George Washington University
- Chambers Global
- Band 2, USA Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2020-2023)
- Chambers USA
- Band 2, Nationwide Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2019-2023)
- Thomson Reuters, Rising Star (2009-2010)
- NAPPA Report, October 2023
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE
- Texas Bar Foundation – Nominating Committee
- Glen Doherty Memorial Foundation – Scholarship Committee
Memberships And Affiliations
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Pension Real Estate Association
- State Bar of Texas