Florian Bruder M.Jur. (Oxon)Partner
Florian Bruder focuses his practice on advising investors, creditors and debtors on cross-border acquisitions, restructurings, especially financial and bond restructurings, and as well as insolvencies.
He covers all aspects of financial and corporate restructurings, in out-of-court as well as in-court situations. This includes all legal aspects of national and international insolvency law as well as claw-back and directors' liabilities.
A particular focus is on structuring / risk mitigation and sales and acquisitions in insolvency related situations including preparation and implementation of cross-border restructuring and insolvency proceedings.
Furthermore, Florian Bruder has significant experience in international insolvency disputes, also in relation to US Chapter 15 proceedings and arbitration proceedings, both in favor and against the administrator.
Besides, Florian is a Council Member of INSOL Europe, the European organisation of professionals who specialise in insolvency, business reconstruction and recovery.
- Advising winding-down bank in relation to the sale of an international portfolio of non-performing loans
- Advising investor in relation to the acquisition of an international portfolio of non-performing loans
- Advising sponsor in relation to the restructuring of the company group for its exit
- Advising a privileged secured shareholder in relation to cross-border insolvencies of the group and the sale to a foreign investor
- Advising investors on the acquisition, restructuring and collection of claims and bonds in relation to companies and banks in distress and insolvency
- Advising investors on the acquisition of insolvent companies
- Advising Germany group in relation to the restructuring of its international business and subsidiaries in accordance with the UK Scheme of Arrangement
- Advising of an international group in relation to the insolvency of a German company, in particular on the arbitrational and juridical enforcement of its patent licenses, also in the frame of a US Chapter 15 proceeding
- Universities of Regensburg, Munich and Genf
- University of Oxford, St. John's College, M.Jur.
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for restructuring and insolvency: restructuring
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for restructuring and insolvency
- Ausschluss der Vorsatzanfechtung wegen eines schlüssigen Sanierungskonzepts, DER BETRIEB Issue No. 38 09/2022
- Anforderungen an Patronatserklärungen im Rahmen der Fortführungsprognose, DER BETRIEB Issue No. 41 10/2021
- Verfahren im Vergleich, in: FINANCE Sonderbeilage Top-Kanzleien, 03/04 2018 (together with Bob Rajan)
- Will Germany’s forthcoming reforms to facilitate corporate group insolvencies complement rules under the recast European Insolvency Regulation?, in: Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, 12/2017 (together with Tom Brägelmann)
- Neuere Entwicklungen im deutschen Restrukturierungsmarkt, in: Jahrbuch 2015 Restrukturierung - Finanzierung, Management, M&A und Kommunikation in der Krise - Strategien für die Neuaufstellung, p. 56 (together with Prof. Dr. Gerhard Schmidt)
- Rodenstock, in: K. Asimacopoulos, Justin Bickle, European Debt Restructuring Handbook, Leading Case Studies from the Post Lehman Cycle, 2013, p. 187-196 (together with Wolfgang Nardi, Dr. Leo Plank, Frederick Powles)
- Beratung der Gläubiger einer GmbH in Krise und Insolvenz nach dem ESUG, GmbHRundschau, 08/2012, p. 432-439 (together with Dr. Bernd Meyer-Löwy)
- Landmark German bankruptcy reform law creates opportunities for stakeholders, The Banking Law Journal, 06/2012, p. 548-554 (together with Dr. Bernd Meyer-Löwy, Dr. Leo Plank, Carl Pickerill)
- Grenzüberschreitende Insolvenz, in: Basedow, Hopt, Zimmermann, Handwörterbuch des Europäischen Privatrechts, Vol. I, 2009, p. 875-880 (also published in English in: The Max Planck Encyclopedia of European Private Law, Vol. I, 2012, p. 904-909)
- Produkthaftung, in: Basedow, Hopt, Zimmermann, Handwörterbuch des Europäischen Privatrechts, Vol. II, 2009, p. 1200-1204 (also published in English in: The Max Planck Encyclopedia of European Private Law, Vol. II, 2012, p. 1352-1357)
- Burden of Proof and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts, Directive, European Review of Private Law 2007, p. 205-231
- Die Essential Facilities Doktrin und § 19 (4) Nr.4 GWB, WRP 2002, p. 55-63 (together with Sebastian Frhr. von Bechtolsheim)
- Florian Bruder joined DLA Piper in March 2016. Previously, he worked for leading US law firms in in Munich and London.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the German lawyers' association, sub-group insolvency and restructuring
- INSOL Europe - Council Member