Victor Kampel is experienced in tax planning, including in relation to M&A, transfer pricing, customs and international taxation. He additionally assists in succession and wealth planning.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Assisted a power generation company in the acquisition of a Brazilian power company
- Assisted an investment company in the sale of an energy company to an electricity holding company
- Assisted an education company in the sale of its Brazilian subsidiary to a Brazilian educational organization
- LL.M., International Taxation, University of Florida School of Law 2009
- LL.M., Corporate Law, Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC) 2009
- J.D., Catholic University School of Law (PUC) 2006
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Brazil Tax Advisory
Excellence and Relationship
Campos Mello Advogados was the first full-service Brazilian law firm to consistently use the NPS (Net Promoter Score) method. In the first year using the method, the firm achieved grade 83.
- Attendee, DLA Piper International TP Conference, London, May 2022
- Speaker, "US international tax and other global legislation impacting the region," Latin America Tax webinar XVI, April 2022
- Quoted in "Brazil Transfer Pricing Overhaul Poised to Ease U.S. Tax Worry," Bloomberg Law, April 25, 2022
- Quoted in "Brazil's tax authority unveils game-changing TP plan," International Tax Review, June 30, 2022
Victor began his career at a major accounting firm, where he advised on tax issues within the energy industry.
Before joining Campos Mello, Victor practiced at a New York-based boutique law firm, where he assisted in US and Brazilian international tax planning for high-net-worth individuals, multi-jurisdictional families and closely held businesses. Within the role, he assisted private clients who planned to relocate from Brazil to the US with pre-immigration tax planning, succession planning and implementing the necessary changes to maximize their tax efficiency in both jurisdictions.
He also worked within the tax practice of a top-tier Brazilian law firm, providing support for its M&A group.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro
My latest insights
Campos Mello Advogados advises Carmo Energy in the closing of its acquisition of...
17 January 2023 .3 minute read
Campos Mello Advogados advises Starboard in joint acquisition of Pampa Sul power plant in...
27 September 2022 .3 minute read