Marcio Meira de VasconcellosPartner
Marcio Meira de Vasconcellos is a partner of Campos Mello Advogados' Labor practice, based in Rio de Janeiro.
Marcio focuses his practice on managing and monitoring strategic activities with regard to labor, employment, pensions and benefits. His vast experience includes assistance on due diligence, advising clients on M&A procedures, employee transfers and expatriate matters. Marcio represents clients in negotiations with unions regarding collective bargaining agreements, collective rights and HR procedures.
Marcio's client list consists of local and international companies, including one of the biggest energy companies in Brazil. He advises a number of infrastructure, real estate and oil and gas corporations on issues involving litigation, consultancy and advisory matters.
Marcio joined Campos Mello Advogados as an associate, becoming a partner of the firm in 2016.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Representation of foreign oil & gas companies in 150 labor lawsuits or so as well as in procedures before the Public Prosecutor's Office. Also participating in negotiations with unions representatives
- Representation of an American airline in many lawsuits (around 400) filed by employees involving labor liability. Doing consulting about outsourcing activities, hazardous work conditions, overtime work, and also using specific tools for the aviation industry such as lie detector and safety procedures. Negotiation with union representatives about the collective bargaining agreement clauses
- Representation of a Major Brazilian beverage company in a R$22 million labor claim, in which was requested the payment of an indemnification for moral damages and occupational illness
- Representation of a Major Brazilian energy company in lawsuits filed by employees (around 180), in R$45 million class actions, in public civil actions and also in suits that challenged the constitutionality of laws involving the energy industry
- Representation of a Brazilian construction company in lawsuits (around 150) and also in public civil action filed by the Rio de Janeiro State Prosecutor's Office due to its failure to hire interns/trainees
- Post-Graduate Degree, Labor Law and Procedure, Universidade Candido Mendes
- Specialization, Comparative Labor Law Policy, The London School of Economics and Political Science
- B.A., Law, Universidade Candido Mendes
- Recommended Lawyer in Labor
- The Legal 500: 2017
Excellence and Relationship
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association, Rio de Janeiro Chapter