Skyler A. AndersonPartner
Skyler Anderson focuses his law practice on commercial real estate. His clients include private equity funds, publicly-traded REITs, investment banks, corporations, and private placement vehicles. He is particularly experienced in finance, acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures.
Recent examples of Skyler’s clients and representations include:
- A real estate private equity fund in a US$120 million complex joint venture structuring and financing of class-A medical office campus in San Jose
- A Los Angeles based privately-held real estate investment and development company in construction financing (US $275million) of development of mixed-use office and retail center in downtown Los Angeles
- A real estate investor and developer in mortgage and mezzanine loans with future funding components (US$92 million in the aggregate) for the re-financing and re-development of a mixed-use office and retail project in Portland
- A food manufacturer in the sale and leaseback of its environmentally impaired corporate headquarters located in Oakland
- A private equity sponsor in the acquisition and financing of a battery infrastructure project in Southern California
- A major national retailer in financing, dispositions and portfolio management of over 1,000 retail sites nationwide
- A real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of a portfolio of class A life science buildings in San Diego (US$150 million)
- A privately-owned buyer/borrower in the acquisition and financing of 19 student housing projects (aggregate of US$500+ million) in 9 states.
- A publicly-traded REIT in a single asset, US$540 million (in the aggregate) CMBS mortgage and mezzanine loans secured by leading retail center in Brooklyn
- A private real estate developer in construction mortgage and mezzanine loans (US$288 million in the aggregate) for the development of a mixed-use condominium, office and marina project in Boston
- A Wall Street investment banking firm in connection with the acquisition, Delaware Statutory Trust ownership structure and financing of a national portfolio of retail single-tenant leased properties
- J.D., Loyola Law School Los Angeles
- M.B.A., Loyola Marymount University
- B.A., Business Management, University of Miami
- Co-Author, "How COVID-19 Will Transform Real Estate Loan Docs: Part 2," Law360, June 16, 2020
- Co-Author, "How COVID-19 Will Transform Real Estate Loan Docs: Part 1," Law360, June 15, 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, California Lawyer’s Association, Co-Chair of the Real Estate Finance Subsection
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, NAIOP, Young Leaders Group
- Member, Urban Land Institute
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Harrison Street on US$1.6 billion medical office and senior housing...
16 June 2021 .5 minute read
DLA Piper advises Stack Infrastructure in its issuance of US$400 million of securitized...
19 March 2021 .4 minute read