Martijn BoeveHe/himLegal Director
I deliver practical advice and work efficiently towards the goals.
Martijn Boeve is a financial regulatory lawyer that delivers practical and on point advice as a former inhouse lawyer.
Martijn tries to translate complex legal matters into plain language. With over 15 years’ experience he is often advising clients on strategic projects. His clients base is wide and encompasses financial institutions, non-regulated companies with an interest in regulated business or the regulator.
On a daily basis Martijn advises clients how to enter the Dutch Markets or what is needed to acquire a Dutch licensed company.
Martijn is keen to support clients in innovative projects relating to digital finance such as crypto and digitalization. He furthermore has a sincere interest to contribute to ESG related projects.
Martijn is a member of the Amsterdam Bar and a member of the association for Securities Law. He is the Co-editor chief of the SDU Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht in de Praktijk.
Some key experiences are:
- Advised an investment management and investment firm to enter the EU 27 market by obtaining an investment firm license.
- Advised a sovereign country on the legal framework with to what would be adequate CCP rules in their jurisdiction.
- Advised a central bank on important financial markets agreements for its treasury.
- Advised various non-regulated corporates on their global policy framework and how to make that more robust.
- Advised a UK Bank on its ESG governance and how to make that more in line with the expectations of the Dutch central bank.
- Advised a large banking institution on the regulatory implications of a virtual account product.
- Advised various Indian banks on their access to EU-27 post Brexit.
Grotius Academy, Securities law, 2010
University of Leiden, Corporate Law, 2006
Systemic internalisation under MiFID II, Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht in de Prakrijk, SDU, 2020/2 published March 2020
Chapter on investment research in the MiFID II Handbook: MiFID vanuit praktijk en theorie bezien, Publisher Paris, March 2018
The re-invention of the research analyst, Tijdschrift voor Compliance, Den Hollander, 2016/6 published January 2017
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Martijn worked as an in-house lawyer for a large Dutch bank. In this capacity he headed up the global MiFID II and BMR implementation as well as the IBOR transition. Furthermore Martijn worked as a regulatory lawyer at a large international law firm.
Member of the editorial board of the Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht in de Praktijk
Memberships And Affiliations
Member of the Association for Financial Law (Vereniging voor financieel recht)
My latest insights
EBA publishes Final Guidelines on the limited network exclusion
13 April 2022 .9 minute read