Hélène Bogaard advises local and international companies on all aspects of collective or individual employment relationships. She has considerable experience in the employment and pensions aspects of major corporate and finance transactions, outsourcing, reorganisation and integration processes.
Hélène has advised many clients in major relocations, restructurings, collective dismissals and harmonisation of employment contracts and benefits. She also has strong experience in individual dismissal cases of employees and/or managing directors and litigation. In a 2019 landmark decision she has assisted a client which European Works Council started litigation before a Dutch court, which was the first case in the Netherlands and was won for the client.
Areas of experience
- Global HR compliance, Codes of Conduct, business ethics, reputation
- Business transformations: restructuring, outsourcing, acquisitions, post-acquisition integration (also including social plan negotiations, employee representative consultation, severance packages)
- Corporate misconduct, whistleblowing, investigations
- Confidential information and restraints, business protection
- Flexible workforces – non-regular worker challenges
- Global mobility - the employment and benefits implications
- Harassment, discrimination and diversity
- Advising a leading global clinical research organization, registered at Nasdaq, in a complex reorganization process of one of its Dutch business units.
- Advising a global media company with the restructuring of its Dutch workforce following the highly publicized acquisition of another media company.
- Advising a life science company on two major international transactions. The advice that we provided included a review of bonus terms and terms of condition of employment, restructure of the Dutch operations.
- Advising an airline on various strike actions with large media attention. The Supreme Court ruling has been published and is of great relevance for any international company who aims to defend itself against industrial actions.
- Advising an airline on various strike actions with large media attention.
- Advising a client in the entertainment sector on litigation regarding one of its musical productions with large media attention.
- Advising a client, one of the largest Cash In Transit companies in the Netherlands, in all employment aspects of its sale, including the consultation process of the relevant works councils.
Hélène has been recommended by Legal 500 EMEA 2019 for Employment.
- TUPE and collective agreements presentation (on-going basis)
- Post graduate university presentation re TUPE (on-going basis)
- Collective dismissal law and latest developments in employment law presentation (on-going basis)
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Amsterdam Association of Labour Lawyers
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Heliad Equity Partners on participation in EUR20m financing round of...
19 September 2021 .3 minute read