Floris de WitSenior Associate
Floris works on matters in which technology and IT issues play a dominant role. He has advised on a wide range of cross-border outsourcing and technology driven M&A transactions, all kinds of complex IT related agreements and licensing structures. He is experienced in drafting and negotiating various agreements in this field, including BPO’s, and SLA’s. He gained broad knowledge assisting clients on strategic technology issues and with structuring IP portfolios. His clients include both suppliers and users of IT, technology and outsourcing services.
Floris has spent considerable time in Silicon Valley, where he focused on the sale and licensing of high end technology in broad sense. He worked with many of the world’s leading technology companies and promising start-ups.
- Advising an innovative business technologies company, on various outsourcing transactions aimed at resolving complex IT issues.
- Advising a large media company on the setup and licensing of an OTT (‘over the top’) platform.
- Advising an IT company on implementing corporate structures and licensing arrangements to ensure IP assets are well protected.
- Advising a listed technology company on the IT and technology aspects on numerous M&A transactions.
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on a master supply and services agreement for contract manufacturing services.
- Advising a leading chemicals company on procurement of machine learning tools.
- Radboud University Nijmegen, M.A., 2012
- Recognized as key lawyer for Information Technology in the Netherlands by Legal 500
- Digitaal vergaderen bij rechtspersonen, Tijdschrift voor Internetrecht, 17 August 2020
- Online seminar ‘Sourcing bij start-ups’, Sourcing Nederland
- 2012 - 21, Senior Associate, Amsterdam based international law firm
- 2018 - 19, Foreign Visiting Attorney, Silicon Valley based US law firm