Chris Halliday HallidayPartner
In his practice, Christopher counsels clients on strategic intellectual property issues in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, medical device, battery, catalysis and food science areas. He prepares and prosecutes patent applications related to new chemical entities, pharmaceutical formulations and biologics, as well as implantable medical devices, chemical processes and catalysts.
- A US pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of a clinical-stage investigational therapy for orphan metabolic diseases.
- A specialty pharmaceutical company in its agreement with a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation to develop a combination drug device overdose rescue pen under which the multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation will develop and commercialize the product in the United States and the specialty pharmaceutical company will receive royalties on net sales.
- A specialty pharmaceutical company in its agreement with a biotech company for the development of a novel drug device combination product to be developed for the treatment of suspected acute myocardial infarction.
- A pharmaceutical company in its US$5.76 billion strategic collaboration with a Japanese pharmaceutical company for the worldwide co-development and co-commercialization of an anti-cancer medication.
- A clinical-stage biotechnology company in its US$1.37 billion deal with a pharmaceutical company for a new approach to immuno-oncology where the pharmaceutical company is putting up US$125 million for an upfront and near-term milestones in a collaboration deal embedded with US$1 billion in development milestones and another US$250 million for each new therapy that manages to receive approval. They will jointly develop anticancer cell therapies that trigger antitumor responses with cell therapies that can target antigens that are beyond the reach of other cell-based adoptive immunity strategies.
- An American pharmaceutical company in its agreement with a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company for the discovery and development of immuno-oncology therapies to discover novel cancer targets utilizing the clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company’s proprietary FIND-IO platform. Under the term of the agreement, they will each receive options to exclusively license antibodies resulting from the collaboration.
- A pharmaceutical company in its US$50 million product financing agreement with an aﬃliate of an investment company, for the continued development of five differentiated, sterile injectable products.
- An American biotechnology company in its US$1 billion agreement with a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of RNA interference therapeutics for genetically defined diseases for the development and commercialization of new RNA interference therapeutics for diseases in the eye, central nervous system and liver.
- A pharma company in the implementation of an IP program and in its acquisition by a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company.
- Many small, midsize and multinational companies in the life sciences, technology and financial services sector in establishing and implementing their intellectual property.
- A clinical-stage biotechnology company in the implementation of an IP program and in its acquisition by an American multinational pharmaceutical company.
- A clinical-stage drug development company in implementation of an IP program, as well as an acquisition of a UK-founded, Jersey-registered, specialty biopharmaceutical company.
- A company that designs and develops cloud-based healthcare software solutions in its US$60 million initial public offering.
- A medical device company in litigation in the Western District of Washington resulting in a favorable settlement.
- A public land-grant research university in developing and attending its proof-of-concept program.
- LL.M., Franklin Pierce Law Center
- J.D., Franklin Pierce Law Center
- LL.M., Trial Advocacy, Temple University School of Law
- Practice Group of the Year, Intellectual Property, Law360, 2019
- Litigation Department of the Year–Intellectual Property, The American Lawyer, 2019
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Engineering Advisory Committee Board for Penn State University
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Iovance Biotherapeutics, Inc. in its acquisition of Proleukin®
30 January 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Axsome Therapeutics in its acquisition of Sunosi from Jazz...
12 April 2022 .4 minute read