Philipp Tsukanov focuses on domestic and international M&A transactions and represents strategic and private equity buyers, public and private company sellers, and stockholders.
He advises clients on all aspects of the deal process, including transaction structuring, drafting and negotiating acquisition and related agreements, and post-acquisition integration planning. He represents companies across a wide range of industries, from technology and healthcare to manufacturing and banking.
Some of his representative transactions include:
- Represented Juniper Networks, a publicly-held industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, in its acquisition of AppFormix and Cyphort, Inc.
- Represented the leading education technology solutions provider Lightspeed Systems, a California company, in its acquisition by private equity funds advised by Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC
- Represented Neopost, a global leader in mail solutions, business process automation, customer experience management and parcel locker solutions, in its acquisition of Parcel Pending, Inc.
- Represented Jamba, Inc. (JMBA) and SciClone Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SCLN) in going private acquisitions
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law 2015
- Law Degree (J.D. equivalent), Moscow State Law Academy 2007
- 2013 Award for Developing Future Lawyers and Leading by Example
- 2012 Pro Bono Award for Commitment to Pro Bono Legal Services
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Philipp worked as an associate in corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate practices in the Moscow office of one of the leading international law firms. He represented Russian and international clients in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions transactions and other general corporate and real estate matters.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Riverwood Capital and Forecast5 Analytics in the sale of Forecast5 to...
13 January 2021 .5 minute read